Author Topic: 4081 Safari Set  (Read 10060 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
4081 Safari Set
« on: September 25, 2006, 14:57:24 »
Here is my promised review of this great set.

This is a new set available in Germany. I have no idea if it will make it to the export markets, hopefully so. This is a great set and will go really well with the last Safari set released.
This set consists of two large landscape formations, a zebra theme jeep, and various African animals - including a brand new baby zebra.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 4081 Safari Set
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 14:57:41 »

I really like the whole set. It is interesting they have chosen green landscapes where the last set released had sand colored land pieces. There is one tiny waterhole but a hippo and baby, elephant and baby, two giraffes and a baby, zebra and baby. monkey and baby, two chimpanzees, two vultures, and a lion family all to share it.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 14:57:56 »
The set comes with three figures, the zebra jeep, and various accessories. A nice assortment with plenty of play value. I have to say this is by far my favorite jeep yet. It is nicely equipped unlike the export Safari set with the old jungle jeep missing many pieces. Hopefully if this makes it to export they wont cut it down in pieces like the did with the last Safari set.

Even if you aren't an animal nut like I am this set is great for the jeep and scenery. It isn't inexpensive though. This set cost 49,95 € plus in my case shipping from Germany. I am very pleased and happy to pay that for this set, especially since there is that chance it wont show up in export, or will be watered down form this configuration. Special thanks to Jack Landon for helping me acquire this great set.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 16:06:24 »
Thanks for the review, Tim.  It's not an item in my range of interests, but I can appreciate very much the thought that's gone into it by Playmobil.  I like the landsscpe elements, very realistic, and the detailedc accessories for the jeep, as well as the detail of the skeleton for the vultures.  As you say, great play value and overall a very nice addition to the Playmobil selection.

Thanks again.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 23:22:22 »

Great review, Tim ...

I just bought the new Safari station at Target. It's Steck-System and would go quite well with this set.

Thanks for the review. Hopefully, 4081 will come to the States.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 00:01:57 »

See Jean Luc's post HERE for more info on the Safari set that I got at Target.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 03:43:12 »
Yep, I have that one already - it's a great set too.
I will have some photos of combined sets and other random bits for the gallery section soon. I need to get the savannah photos done so I can move on to the Halloween castle set up.  :)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 21:21:51 »
Hey Tim, thanks for the great review. I have not been able to get the Target Safari set, but I plan to, just because of thje Steck cabin.
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 23:39:59 »
I enjoyed your review, Tim! Wow..I must have one of those jeeps. :D

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 04:54:31 »
I enjoyed your review, Tim! Wow..I must have one of those jeeps. :D

Ditto, YES!, and me too!!!!

Now, how to do that??  :-\