Author Topic: 4479 Deep Sea Diver  (Read 8927 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
4479 Deep Sea Diver
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:27:37 »
Tristan choose this figure when he was allowed to pick something for himself. After some whining, begging and downright nagging, he allowed me to take a few pictures of it - so here it goes.

This first picture shows the entire content (with the exception of the blue wrench - sorry  :-[)
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4479 Deep Sea Diver
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:30:15 »
... the back. I find it awesome to see the two units for the propulsion.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:33:40 »
... a side view. The black thingy beside the head is probably a light. On the other side of the head is another one. The black "claws" are clearly clicked on the hands - it works very well though.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:35:39 »
The diver himself without a suit. Actually a rather nice figure. Just as easily usable in a lot of other (modern) settings. And not at all overdressed for a tea-party

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 10:40:05 »
.. and a last view of just the suit. A slight pity is that the arms of the diver are needed to keep it complete. But otherwise a nice set.

All in all - a great set. Tristan loved it, and so did a lot of others. When I entered the shop there were three set; when I left none (and I only bought the one for my son). The starfish and crab are a nice addition allthough I am a bit miffed about the wrench: why just the wrench ...

It seems to me that the figure should be easily changed into other things as well. Even Wilma (my wife) saw immediately the possibilities for a spacesuit .....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 14:05:51 by CountBogro »

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:54:11 »
something like this ...

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:05:34 »
Great figure, thanks for the review Mark!

Deep sea diver turned astronaut is not so far from reality as you might think. My brother-in-law who works for NASA (as you're probably all sick of hearing by now) spent 11 days last August in an undersea laboratory called Aquarius off the coast of Florida with 4 other NASA employees, including three current astronauts. They were testing equipment under adverse conditions, and several times he took "space walks" in a suit like this.

I've already sent him an astronaut and deep sea diver, but when this set hits the UK shelves I'll be grabbing several with the intention of sending another one over to him.

I like the ring for attaching a lifeline. I can picture these guys doing some sea diving all round the UK coastline soon, and livenign up bathtime for years to come.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 13:55:33 »
A great review, Bogro, of a very interesting addition to Playmobil's range.  Many thanks.

You're quite right that the black attachments either side of the head are lights.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 18:18:10 »
You're quite right that the black attachments either side of the head are lights.

That's good to know, thanks Gordon!  Bogro dropped this set's plans in my inbox over the weekend, and I was wondering what to call them.  Inventory coming really soon.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 19:17:00 »
That's good to know, thanks Gordon!  Bogro dropped this set's plans in my inbox over the weekend, and I was wondering what to call them.  Inventory coming really soon.

I'm guessing that they used silver for the lights because yellow as normall used for spotlights wouldn't show well against the yellow diving suit.

I think Tristan show great taste in choosing this guy, he's pushing forward the boundaries of Playmokind, whether as a diver or an astronaut.