Author Topic: Series 6 Boys Mystery Figures  (Read 7716 times)

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
Re: Series 6 Boys Mystery Figures
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 12:52:28 »
Nice to get a closer look at them. I was also surprised these surfboards don't fload.

Have. Fun with your new purchases.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 21:42:49 »
:o :o :o

I never realized what the gladiator torso is!

Thanks for the clear pics. As to the "bad feet", email playmobil service in the uk - they should replace them.

The arabian has fringes because he has indian legs. No comment.

I can't believe the karate guy. YAY, they changed the hair?!

(and you have the belt backwards on that last pic)

Forgot to say - the great bandana "hair" of the pirate appeared in that hideous "singer" with the full diaper and ruined torso... the highlight of the set, for sure.

Thanks interesting that the bandanna head isnt quite as new as I'd thought still new one one me, I definately like the hair on the Karate guy and the Highlander think I needa  Recoat or two though so I can take some photos of him in the wilds.

I realised when I looked at the figures in my catalogue his sword belt was on the wrong way  :-[ I prefer my figures to be more right handed though so as far as I'm concerned he can keep it like that don't think it looks much different the other way round.

I will email Playmoibl UK when I get chance with some photos see what they say I'm not trying to be tight but, when you've only got limited income you don't nneed to eb buying extra figures plus you still end up with one who has badly painted legs.

I think it's the same torso mould as used for some of the cavemen.

Now that you mention it I did think the design is a bit Caveman like with his robe and his belt       

Thank you for those nice pictures  :wave:

Maybe Santa needs some practice before he can 'ride the waves' properly  ;D

Thanks I'm glad you like them, I think me and Santa both need some practise probably me more so though  :lol:

Great review! It's quite strange that those legs weren't painted correctly. :-\

Yeah it's my first bad experience with Playmobil it really does look like quality control wasn't enforced there very sloppy paint job  :( >:(.

Nice to get a closer look at them. I was also surprised these surfboards don't fload.

Have. Fun with your new purchases.

Thanks I always have fun with my Playmobil  ;D guess the Surfboard must be heavier than it looks  ??? 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:28 »
I realised when I looked at the figures in my catalogue his sword belt was on the wrong way  :-[ I prefer my figures to be more right handed though so as far as I'm concerned he can keep it like that don't think it looks much different the other way round.

To be righthanded, he has to wear the sword on his left hip. It is drawn across the body...

I will email Playmoibl UK when I get chance with some photos see what they say I'm not trying to be tight but, when you've only got limited income you don't nneed to eb buying extra figures plus you still end up with one who has badly painted legs.

It is not a question of being "tight" - you are not deceiving anyone - just tell them you bought the figure and got defective legs - show a pic - and if it is possible to replace them. They should tell you they'll send the part.

With the paint jobs getting sloppier, I think this will happen more and more :(

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 22:06:06 »
To be righthanded, he has to wear the sword on his left hip. It is drawn across the body...

It is not a question of being "tight" - you are not deceiving anyone - just tell them you bought the figure and got defective legs - show a pic - and if it is possible to replace them. They should tell you they'll send the part.

With the paint jobs getting sloppier, I think this will happen more and more :(

Thought some one might say that about him being right handed  :-[ ah well still I like it that way for some strange reason. I have sent Playmobil an email with some photos, hopefully my Gladiator will soon  be recieving some proper sandals soon  ;) 

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 08:43:24 »
Can I use those pics on the Very Special Klickys at playkingdoms? If I EVER get done with version 2 of the site :-[

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 09:01:37 »
Can I use those pics on the Very Special Klickys at playkingdoms? If I EVER get done with version 2 of the site :-[

I didn't know you collected "special" klicky pics. When I was a kid, I got one with a hand-molding error. He must be around here somewhere.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 09:06:19 »
I didn't know you collected "special" klicky pics. When I was a kid, I got one with a hand-molding error. He must be around here somewhere.

Have that at the site, yes - very out of date :-[

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 09:08:52 »
I've got a Celt with a malformed boot.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 09:40:14 »
:picsplz:

Unfortunately, malformed parts are becoming more and more common. Printing is a disgrace. :(

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 20:16:48 »
Thanks for the pictures. I want them too!!! Have fun with them!!

George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!