Author Topic: Removing klicky hands?  (Read 9145 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Removing klicky hands?
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 19:50:01 »
intresting i'am gonna try it but i think it depends on the clicky how well is the hand on the clicky like the heads sometimes you can remove a head with your hand other you need pilers ! if i'am saying nonsense correct me :-[

You have hit on a very valuable point of reference playmo1989! I have found that not all of the designs of Klicky hands are the same, so between all of the different procedures of removal here, I'm sure the operation will be a success to any Klicky  ;)!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 20:00:32 »
You have hit on a very valuable point of reference playmo1989! I have found that not all of the designs of Klicky hands are the same, so between all of the different procedures of removal here, I'm sure the operation will be a success to any Klicky  ;)!

So.... lets pull out some hands eh???  ;D ;D ;D I'll go with the klickies that have their arms cracked a bit.... Any thread of how to repair cracked arms btw???

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 21:26:43 »
So.... lets pull out some hands eh???  ;D ;D ;D I'll go with the klickies that have their arms cracked a bit.... Any thread of how to repair cracked arms btw???
If the arm is severely discolored, you can always use my hair dryer method to heat the plastic & fade the white discoloration before gluing it. Next spread the cracked plastic after inserting a new hand & use "Plastruct" "Plastic Weld" Plastic Glue available @ most hobby shops, to both sides of the cracked area. Clamp the arm using a small hobby vise or equivalent. Be sure to use the glue sparingly & do not get glue on the hand. If this happens the arm plastic & hand plastic will join together and the hand won't move  :o! Leave the arm in the clamped position until it is dry usually 24 hours.  If any glue shows after it is dry, take some 1500 or 2000 grit wet or dry sand paper & smooth the area affected. Next polish the sanded area by rubbing the affected arm with some automotive rubbing compound medium/course grade dabbed on a rag. Continue to polish the area until the sanding marks are gone.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 05:11:57 »
Great advice Bill !!! I'll look for the glue next time I'll visit the local hobby store!!!  :)9 :)9 :)9

Offline gchunowitz

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2023, 15:37:07 »
Old post, I know. It took me quite a bit or experimentation, but wanted to let everyone know there is a way to remove hands without cracking the arm. The arm needs to be heated with a heat gun on the 3-4 setting (just below medium) for about 20 seconds. Ideally, you rotate the heat around the wrist continuously so as not to focus the heat on one point. The hand then comes out smoothly and the other hand needs to go in immediately while the plastic is still warm. If the original hand does not come out with little effort, don't force it. Instead, heat up the wrist some more until the hand comes out with almost no force. I have now completed this process several times, the only downside is that sometimes the hand can be a little loose, but this can be avoided by not heating the wrist up too much. This process takes some practice so I recommend using some throw away arms to get the hang of it. The temperature and time are the hardest part to get right, but I would start off halfway between low and medium setting on the heat gun and for about 15 seconds and play with the time/temperature to perfect the process. Good luck, if anyone is even reading this...lol

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2023, 20:37:45 »
Thankyou for your method. What gun do you use in case different ones have different heat settings?