Author Topic: 70807 Ayuma Bat Fairy Ruins  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: 70807 Ayuma Bat Fairy Ruins
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2022, 02:43:41 »
I thought the shield looked narrower at the top, is it?
Also if it has an L shaped handle then can it turn like the L shaped handle on the bigger shield does?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2022, 03:21:39 »
The shape of the front is identical to the old castle shields except perhaps a tiny bit smaller. The rim is also thinner than on the old shields. The handle does not turn

Ayuma back

http://www.animobil.info/shields/wit-icons/30031714b.png

Old heater shield from the knights like in 3666

http://www.animobil.info/shields/wit-icons/heatersmside.png

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2022, 07:28:39 »
Thank you for the review - this is a must have :love:

And thank you for pointing out that tree-steck part... Will need to see if it is available... (my wallet does NOT like you, but you know how it is, don't take it personally :P )

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2022, 23:08:42 »
Thanks for the additional information and shield pictures! :D
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2022, 04:41:37 »
An additional piece of information I just discovered - all of the yellow flame pieces are glow in the dark. I turned the room light off and there they were glowing. So that's an additional cool feature. They are using quite a bit of glow in the dark with Ayuma. The weeping willow branches for the Tree of Wisdom and the waterfall sets glow in the dark. In the big waterfall set 70800 there is also glow in the dark hanging plant, flower stems, and the three leaf plant that was an ocean plant previously.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2022, 08:44:52 »
Enough already! I'm buying all the Ayuma sets as fast as I can my wallet lets me!

Seriously though Tim, it's good to read your comments to learn about all these features which aren't always apparent in the promotional literature. A similar thing happened with Jim's review of the Scooby-doo Haunted House. Somehow I ended up with two of those.... :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2022, 06:32:04 »
I just wanted to echo some of the earlier comments and say that such a detailed photo and text review helps me with deciding to buy, so thank you very much Tim.

I particularly like the gargoyle (and without playmofriends might never have known that the gargoyle is available in other sets/colours), the candelabra, and the Steck compatible parts (I like the Steck wall parts even though they are a different colour). All in all a great 'parts pack' and currently 25% off on the Playmobil UK website.

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2022, 09:10:36 »
And 50% off here Neil.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2022, 15:43:16 »
Thank you very much GrahamB, that is good news for my shopping list but bad news for my wallet.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2022, 08:16:53 »
Wallets should be seen and not heard!