Author Topic: Ten Years of Fi?ures - Discussion  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Ten Years of Fi?ures - Discussion
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 04:00:26 »
I agree. They could sell non-surprise f?gures on the website at a 20% markup, and people would buy.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Ten Years of Fi?ures - Discussion
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 18:18:55 »
Great thread, Tiermann! And I too would like to thank you so much for maintaining your information on Animobil over the years. I always consult your site for information about and pictures of all of the Fi?ures. :)

The easy customisation options that the new Fi?ures head style allows has been my favourite aspect of the line. If I find them at very good prices, I sometimes buy them just for the heads! Especially in the last year or two, I've found it increasingly difficult to find them available in local stores though.

I like far too many of them to pick favourites, but, like many of you, I particularly like the Medieval, History, and Fantasy selections. Instead of picking favourites, I thought it would be interesting to check my records for the one I have the most of. Unsurprisingly, it turned out to be the Series 8 Crusader at a count of 25. :lol: The Series 10 Fire Mage at a count of 20 was second.

There have also been some great Scooby-Doo and Playmobil: The Movie ones! I just recently got my first Novelmore Sal'ahari Sands Skeleton Surprise Box sets, and those are great too!

It is also worth mentioning that the recommended retail price of Figures hasn't gone up over 20 series: it has been 1,99 € here in Germany ever since 2011. Geobra is catching up, though, or so it is rumoured: series 21 is thought to bear a RRP of 2,49 € – inflation (provisionally 13% for 2011-2021 in Germany) being overtaking by 11%! Still, Figures are too cheap compared to other Playmobil articles, so some correction is definitely in order.

I kind of think they have to be cheap because of the surprise element. I rarely buy them, but there's been times I've bought 3 or 4 at once and not one of them has been worth having. That's not a huge deal for me, but I'd have been gutted as a kid.

Great points about the prices! They definitely add up when buying several at a time, but it is nice that they have remained reasonable. I feel like they have essentially replaced the old Special sets. As long as they can be found in person, avoiding unwanted ones is fairly easy (but avoiding embarrassment feeling the packages isn't so easy to avoid ;)). The Sal'ahari Sands Skeleton Surprise Box sets are a bit more challenging considering their packaging and the increased price though.

I agree. They could sell non-surprise f?gures on the website at a 20% markup, and people would buy.

I imagine that would be true. I'd probably consider this if it were possible since I've been having trouble finding them at local stores lately, so the normal hunts have not been happening too often!
~Pynedor~