Author Topic: 5246 western goldmine review  (Read 9231 times)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
5246 western goldmine review
« on: October 06, 2012, 14:48:13 »
I have had this set for about a month and thought i would share. There are some nice parts in here. Normal price is 75 dollars unless you catch it on sale.

The back.

Here is the base. The base goes over the rocks. Sorry i got excited and opened everythjng before i took pics.

Both big rocks feed from underneath the base. The big rock in the middle has a hollowed out spot. This could be used in other themes like caveman and indian dio.

Kinda dark but here is the top. There is a beam that is built across the gap. There is a piece on top you move and the beam crashes down. This is were all the loose rocks go.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
Re: 5246 western goldmine review
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 14:53:34 »
Here is the mine put together. I like it. I dont have the mcclaren mine but i dont know which is bigger.

Here is the backside of the mine.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 15:03:32 »
Here are the accessories.

I love the donkey and the carry system. The rubber straps keep them snug but probably wont pass the test of time.

Here is a dynamite box that will explode.

These two parts right here are my fav. I have not seen a silver six shooter. Not sure if has been made before. I love the lantern on the crate. It does not come off because the crate is the battery base. It lights up! 

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 15:07:58 »
Here are the klickies. The prisoner looks a whole lot better than the prisoner from the suprise figs. The other two are fine klickies too.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 15:12:04 »

The sign has a couple of holes that the new arrows will fit in.

Overall this is a great set.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 15:18:28 »
 :wave: Great Review!  Looks like a set you could have a lot of fun with.  I lightened up one pic for you.
Joe

"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 15:19:16 »
It does look like a great set. I have avoided it due to the price but know we will be getting it. I like how they made the cart track lye flat on the floor. On the old mine you could not add track well as it would want to be off the ground due to the base height. I do hope they fit together

I agree that this prisoner looks better and  I see he is not that bad off in your mine. He is watching the other feller do the work  :P

I did not know about the silver gun also and the boys will covet it as it will also be the first one we have.

Thanks for the pictures and review
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 15:58:23 »
Thanks for the review, Elric.

That lantern and box will look good on a railway station.

Could we have some photos of the truck, please and the distance between the tracks?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 17:32:40 »

From base to base there is 7 to 8 inches.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 18:08:07 »
Oh, thanks for this review! :love: I have been dying to get this set but money is tight right now. Hopefully soon. Great to see some up-close pictures of the feeatures, now I want it more!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.