Author Topic: what is this classic horse?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
what is this classic horse?
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:12:53 »
Anyone know where this is from? It has no markings underneath and the plastic is smooth. It might be playpeople. The horse has a rougher finish to regular classic horses which gives it a carved look in places. Eye is shallow, tail is much thicker and slightly bigger, mane is thinner. Shown with regular classic horse for comparison.

The two I have are the light mud coloured one (shown) and a darker brown mud coloured one.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: what is this classic horse?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 08:53:56 »
Well, I would take him as an old playmohorse... I am no expert though.

Regardless, I think he's gorgeous :love:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 20:36:21 »
I don't think it's Playmobil based on the lack of the company name and date on the underside, and the eye, which isn't sharp enough looking to me. Could be Antex? Lyra? or a quality knockoff like Schenk? Probably not Schaper from the US as they are identical to regular horses of the era.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:46:13 »

Regardless, I think he's gorgeous :love:
:)
He is more muscular looking. It wasn't until comparing them that I realised the normal one has its eyes drilled out - just never paid attention to them before. I noticed too that not all have the brandstatter logo on them and some have it on the left and some the right. Some have a faint circular patch where the logo would normally go.