Creative > Customs Gallery

Ancient history things

(1/2) > >>

O. Ryner:
To begin with, I am pleased to share my creation: a replica of a Roman torsion catapult crafted to measure through 3D printing, using carefully selected aluminum and PLA plastic to authentically recreate the appearance of wood.

This project represents my effort to design a more realistic catapult compared to Playmobil versions. Personally, I find Playmobil's Roman catapults to be rather simplistic and have never been satisfying to me. This perception is subjective, but in my opinion, they fall short of the medieval aesthetic of a catapult, especially when compared to sets like the 3653, which offer a much more appealing version.

This custom design has the ability to launch lightweight projectiles. Additionally, it is accompanied by two legionnaire figures, a modest customization aiming to capture the aesthetic of Roman artillerymen from the 1st century B.C.

Pynedor:
Great work! :)

Klickteryx:
Great onager.
The playmobil ones are quite weird but the trebuchet based one is the better one. The one that appears to be a cross of an onager and a ballista is just a mess.

At first glance I thought you'd made it out of something like balsa then read your description. Will you be doing any other ancient engines?

playmofire:
Nice work.

tahra:
Awesome :)

Thanks for sharing!

--- Quote from: Klickteryx on February 21, 2024, 02:22:05 ---At first glance I thought you'd made it out of something like balsa then read your description.

--- End quote ---

Same here :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version