General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

playmobil's new design trends?

(1/9) > >>

cachalote:
roberto_carlos in klickywelt was invited to a playmobil press conference taking place in a few days (28 jan.).  :yup:
he is showing a leaflet that came with the invitation and, as far as i (babel-fish) could tell, our german friends are shocked with what it shows.  :o
could this represent a trend in the new design ideas playmobil will be offering in 2009/2010?  :hmm:
i hope not.  :(
my main concern stays with pirates where this gothic/dark/fantasy design has alredy been introduced with the new "geisterpiraten".
will all the themes turn "geister" as this leaflet seem to suggest?  8}
will there be "geister"-firefighter sets and "geister"-supermarket ones?  8}

CountBogro:
To give you some hope, Cachalote, perhaps it will only be a "dragon theme ???

But I like to think that the magic theme will be revived, in a way. Somehow I have the feeling there will be three main themes:

* The world today (firefighters, dollshouse, ponyranch, etc...)
* Historical (Egyptian, Romans, etc. ...)
* Fantasy (Knights, Merfolk, Ghostpirates, etc. ...)
I for one realy like the new dragons - and I know someone else who will as well.
I think they open up a whole new world.

But then again; that's just me  ;)
Bogro

Martin Milner:
Interesting reptilian eye design on that shield...puts me in mind of the eye of Sauron.

I hope the dragons are better at keeping their limbs intact than the red chicken dragon.

I think someone has suggested this before, but maybe futuristic/fantasy combat is more palatable to some parents because it's more obviously not real.

Customizer:
*LOL* your very fast Cachalote !!

thx for sharing this pictures here !!

greetings

Andi

Timotheos:

--- Quote from: Martin Milner on January 21, 2009, 13:09:29 ---I think someone has suggested this before, but maybe futuristic/fantasy combat is more palatable to some parents because it's more obviously not real.

--- End quote ---

Oh, god, Martin, I hope the majority of people aren't that sissy.  There is nothing like the hypocrasy of fools, soothed by euphemisms.

Seriously, I'd wager Playmobil is leaning toward fantasy because the designers perceive that's what is popular.  Or, they believe the knight theme needs rejuvenation, and they have made the decision that the fantasy element, in line with fantasy fiction and video games, will draw more children than the historical realism.   

I like the look of the new dragons, even if the theme itself strikes me as a little dopey.  Playmobil excels at imitating things.  When it imitates realism, it looks great.  When it imitates other people's fantasy or science fiction worlds, it looks less inspired.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version