Getting Started > Technical Support/Testing

What is the best way to secure pictures online please

<< < (2/2)

Hadoque:

--- Quote from: PlaymoCollector on October 03, 2019, 09:22:38 ---...If you want to register an account you have to confirm your phone number though
...login using my Google account...
--- End quote ---

2 reasons I´ve decided not to use Imgur.

tahra:

--- Quote from: Hadoque on October 07, 2019, 22:52:53 ---2 reasons I´ve decided not to use Imgur.

--- End quote ---

I didn't use the phone or google account.. But I haven't used it in quite some time..

Hadoque:

--- Quote from: tahra on October 08, 2019, 07:31:56 ---I didn't use the phone or google account.. But I haven't used it in quite some time..

--- End quote ---

Nowadays (almost) every site/platform asks for your phone-number or Google-/FB-account when registering. And sometimes your birthday as well. "For security reasons" and "personalized advertising", but mostly so they can track everything what you do online, what kind of person you are, what your income is and how much you spend on what, and where you do what in the real world as well (through your tracksmartphone). And then they also sell that info, or they get hacked one day or another. Long live 1984.

tahra:

--- Quote from: Hadoque on October 09, 2019, 10:23:10 ---Nowadays (almost) every site/platform asks for your phone-number or Google-/FB-account when registering. And sometimes your birthday as well. "For security reasons" and "personalized advertising", but mostly so they can track everything what you do online, what kind of person you are, what your income is and how much you spend on what, and where you do what in the real world as well (through your tracksmartphone). And then they also sell that info, or they get hacked one day or another. Long live 1984.

--- End quote ---

Of course. I don't use THAT site to sign in on anything. I have a "spam stuff" email to use for those... And unless I really really want/need it, no phone number. Or a fake. Same to bday. And name.  And address (never a real address, unless I am buying things that'll be shipped - duh!). And whatever.

Janilew:

--- Quote from: playmofire on October 03, 2019, 10:34:04 ---The answer may be to host your own website and store them there.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for reminding me that I actually have my own site. I deleted my imgur account IMMEDIATELY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version