Author Topic: Fi?ures Klickys - how do you dismantle them?  (Read 878 times)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Fi?ures Klickys - how do you dismantle them?
« on: January 06, 2023, 09:50:35 »
Very new to the whole dismantling of Klickys, before I go and break something.

The Fi?ures series how do you take them apart?  Is the free gift from Playmobil orders technical a Fi?ures Klicky?

I’ve seen threads on normal dismantling, just wondered if there was a different method.

Many thanks in advance

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Fi?ures Klickys - how do you dismantle them?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 10:05:59 »
Hold the torso in one hand and pull the head off with the other. This is easy on the Figures klickies, but usually very hard on others, including those give-aways which are likely to be 'standard' klickies. So it's worth practising some of the other methods. There are several effective ones- my personal favourite is to wrap a thick rubber band around the neck several times, then twist the head right round until it 'pops' off.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 14:50:10 »
Is the free gift from Playmobil orders technical a Fi?ures Klicky?

As GrahamB noted, the Fi?ures figures are essentially made for easy customisation. :D But to address your other question, most of the recent give-away figures (like Set 9854 and Set 9855) are actually of the Fi?ures style.
~Pynedor~

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 15:30:01 »
Apologies for late reply. I never realised the giveaway was a F?gures style. Just gave one ago. This will give me and my son a taste of customs (wish Playmobil would use those heads and inlets for all recent releases!)

I’ve given the hand tap on floor method ago recently for non-figures and already broken an inlet on an old Klicky so rather use these for a little customising.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 15:38:57 by CrimsonCleaver »

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 17:32:23 »
Yes, you have to be quite careful with that method. Also, always make sure to protect the feet and legs to prevent marks or scratches; I usually place a folded towel or similar piece of cloth on the table surface and a thick, folded piece of paper between the torso and legs. I try to use different methods if the figure or parts are particularly rare, valuable, or more likely to be damaged (which is definitely the case with leg parts with printing on them).

For customising, I try to use the Fi?ures heads almost exclusively, so I would support more use of them in sets too (but the new My Fi?ures sets seem a bit light on parts for the prices).
~Pynedor~