Author Topic: Disassembly, the "Spanish" way  (Read 20496 times)

Offline pastifi

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
Re: Disassembly, the "Spanish" way
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 17:04:22 »
Just donne it and got my fatman apart,
Thanks for the great tip,

Never have i dissasembled an overweight playmo before
and this one was piece of cake :-)

Best regards

Panos

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 01:29:11 »
On what????  :o

Thanks, Mal ...

:lol: ... with tears and sides that hurt ...  ;D

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 02:15:55 »
I tried this method for the first time to disassemble the gordo klickies to make my dwarfs, and I can say without a doubt that not only does it work, but it works great! Thanks Socrates for posting the info here!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006, 15:57:26 »
This is a great new method.. I have never been able to get the "hans on" method to work.. So this will be interesting to try.  Have you ever had a figure break using this method?

Offline tiger1983uk

• The Lurker
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 13:50:47 »
Wow this method is great, I used it for the first time today. I usually just "crack" the klickys open but theres always the risk of using to much force. This way is a lot safer thanks for the tip ;D
"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Offline Jahme88

• Klicky Hick
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 02:55:29 »
OMG......I know this thread is ancient and I hope posting this is not bad form.  But I just had to thank Socrates for sharing the elusive "Spanish Way" to choke a klicky apart.

I didn't believe....until I found a rubber band and....and....it was SO EASY!

I am flabbergasted.  Agog even.  8} Why didn't I know of this method a million years ago?

I thank you Socrates for this information.  My klickies thank you...except for the klickies at the physical therapy ward of Playmo-Central Hosptial, they are out of a job now........now that I will never break another pair of legs again.

:wow:
------------
Jamie Jo

"Peace, Love and Little Plastic People"

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 07:04:23 »
Never bad form to refresh an old thread Jamie Jo - after all, how many threads do we need asking for the same 3666 plans?  ;)

I tried this method with little success, but might try it again.

I eventually went with the shoelace round the neck method for fatties. The shoelace is still tied to my bannisters, because the cat thought it was there for his benefit and plays with it daily. The black fluffy fur he sheds during his play sessions acts as dumb witness.

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 21:25:16 »
@jamie: oh my...  :-[
its not even my method. gassy (and the bunch of playmo-fanatic spaniards) own the credit for this method.

happy that it helps so many people...  :D

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Jahme88

• Klicky Hick
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 07:48:07 »
@jamie: oh my...  :-[
its not even my method. gassy (and the bunch of playmo-fanatic spaniards) own the credit for this method.

happy that it helps so many people...  :D

best,
socrates

Socrates,
Wellllll.....you translated it and shared in English. ;D  Thanks as well to Gassy and the Spaniards!  :wow:

It is just so....disarmingly.....simple.

Martin,
try it with a very thick rubber band, twisted nice and tight, turn his head and he falls to pieces.  I used the kind that binds broccoli stalks together into a bunch at the produce market.
While you rearrange the bits the fella's head just lays there, smiling at you, with a fabulous looking tight rubber scarf around it's neck. :lol:

No more little feet impression dug into the palms of your hands.
No more stress marks on the bottom of the torsos from whacking and cracking, no more broken and bent legs.

I have a very sad Roman soldier custom who....hobbles and rocks about because his legs aren't plum.  He wishes I would have known this method sooner. :doh:  hehehe
------------
Jamie Jo

"Peace, Love and Little Plastic People"

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 01:37:59 »
Hello Jamie Jo,

I am very glad that you chose to re-visit this thread, I had tried this the last time it came up on the board with no luck at all. I just ended up with a klicky wearing a huge rubber muffler! Back to the old 'Whack and Crack' and the inevitable collateral damage. But I tried it again after your post and wonder of wonders! This will be my new default method and I will save the 'Whack and Crack' just for the hard nuts! Thanks to you and Socrates and Gassy and all the others.  :wow: :wow:

Gepetto