Author Topic: Singleklicky sets 1974 to 1979  (Read 6640 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: Singleklicky sets 1974 to 1979
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 19:58:30 »
Thank you, GrahamB, for this wonderful collection. They're all classics. Back in the days, 3375 and 3386 were my favorites and I still like them a lot. Hence a good opportunity to link to the one and only translation of the count's scroll that I am aware of (thank again, Klickteryx!).

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 22:17:54 »
Great to see all of those.  Some wonderful old eared parts like that mallet. Not my collecting Era but a few things st least there to keep an eye out for.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 08:33:56 »
I am pleased to have jogged a few memories and got the nostalgia fired up!

None of the sets I showed came MISB and I even made a few of the klickies from parts of other ones, but I tried to match the parts to the box pictures and Datenbank-Setinhalt images at klickywelt.de. So what people had themselves in the '70s would be a more reliable information source, I guess (although Famobil sets might well differ!). And colours of parts were notoriously variable in the early sets (hence the caption on many early boxes "Farben unverbindlich" i.e. Colours may vary) quite apart from how accurately my photos show the "true" colours!

The red bucket in 3326x shown on Klickywelt looks like the one I pictured, Tahra, but you may know different. It may be like the situation with the older suitcases which looked similar to the more modern ones until I realised they are from a different mold. What are they like, the old-style buckets with which you are familiar? :picsplz:

I know nothing of Leblon's statue, but again it was the Klickywelt picture which suggested there is only one cuff in 3362 and 3361. [I have to say, those Klickywelt set pictures are very helpful, but some sets are not represented at all, some are still sealed in bags and there are a definitely errors and omissions in a few pictures.]

More on early klickies to follow...

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 19:41:08 »
And colours of parts were notoriously variable in the early sets (hence the caption on many early boxes "Farben unverbindlich" i.e. Colours may vary) quite apart from how accurately my photos show the "true" colours!

How very true. Our indian high chief is blonde. Sigh.  And there's the blonde cavalry too.

AND the indian's necklace and thingies were (and are) white.

I don't think the pot and canoe were ever white though. Except on color sets. There are light pale yellow, light brown, and darker brown, I think.

The red bucket in 3326x shown on Klickywelt looks like the one I pictured, Tahra, but you may know different. It may be like the situation with the older suitcases which looked similar to the more modern ones until I realised they are from a different mold. What are they like, the old-style buckets with which you are familiar? :picsplz:

It just looks wrong. Actually, it looks like it FEELS wrong. Not sure I can explain it. It should look.. lighter, and smoother. It was still a red bucket. If I remember (remind me?) I will try to find some old and new - have no idea if it shows in the pics.

You know how sometimes old steck just FEELS different?

I know nothing of Leblon's statue, but again it was the Klickywelt picture which suggested there is only one cuff in 3362 and 3361. [I have to say, those Klickywelt set pictures are very helpful, but some sets are not represented at all, some are still sealed in bags and there are a definitely errors and omissions in a few pictures.]

More on early klickies to follow...

I am sure the nurse had two wrist things.

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 06:57:36 »
Childhood memories. Back in the 70's i played with 3331x King And Throne 1975, and 3337x Green Archer 1976. My parents couldn't afford more playmobil so this was all i had. That crosbow could indeed shoot the arrows.
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 07:11:25 »
Ah, you lucky man, Mr. Raven, to have had PM as a child! I had precisely none! (Mind you, I was maybe a bit old for it by 1974  :-[). I'm glad to have reminded you of those happy times!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 07:51:04 »
3353, the General, had a red collar, not a red scarf.

Something of note in these earlier sets were that the rifles had shorter barrels. I think the longer barrels came out about the same time as the turning wrists.

3379 It's interesting he's catalogued as Knight (Spain). His coat of arms is for the city of Nuremburg. He also appeared as the leader in a couple of sets alongside Nuremburg soldiers with the more familiar red, yellow and black coat of arms. Nuremberg has two coats of arms, the familiar one based on the Holy Roman Empire livery and the blue one which is a gold harpy on a blue field.

I finally got some red shooting arrows. There are two types, the sharps which have a point, and the blunts which have had a protective ball added to the point. I wonder how much blood was shed before the ball was added?  :arrr:
 How many countless arrows lie hidden in landfill, under houses and in hedges?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 21:58:59 »
Thank you for your comments Klickteryx!

Oh yes, you are right about the collar in 3353, that neckerchief must have slipped in there by mistake. I will redo the photo.

I have also got the wrong rifle in 3344x (I have the long-barreled one which, as you rightly point out, appeared later, probably in the early 1980s).

I think the Knight (Spain) is so named because this set appeared first in Spain (as a Famobil set)- clearly not a Spanish livery!

Those red arrows can be hard to come by (I used an eBay seller because I was too lazy to dig over the local landfill site!) and easy to lose. I don't know which sort came first, probably the sharp ones which were then phased out when the casualty statistics came in...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 17:15:21 »
The Version 1 picture of 3353 on Datenbank-Setinhalt at Klickywelt shows the figure wearing a neckerchief, but I think this is a mistake (version 2 has a collar).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 20:21:10 »
Those red arrows can be hard to come by (I used an eBay seller because I was too lazy to dig over the local landfill site!) and easy to lose. I don't know which sort came first, probably the sharp ones which were then phased out when the casualty statistics came in...

The arrows of our fist set (Famobil, in 83) were pointy brown with a "notch" in the back to fit the elastic bows...