Author Topic: Victorian Mansion Rugs & Wallpaper  (Read 2325 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Victorian Mansion Rugs & Wallpaper
« on: November 05, 2010, 08:49:22 »
Out of curiousity, are there available any printable scans of any of the Victorian Mansion rugs or wallpaper patterns?

As original spares are often hard to find, I was wondering if anyone has scanned these images suitable to print out and use as substitutes.  (also, feel free to comment on your thoughts on any ethical/copyright reservations you might have on straight scans of these).  I thought it might be a useful topic to help other collectors/customizers complete their look if they cannot locate an actual replacement for their mansions (assuming they be made free for download, and not charged for or tried to be passed as the real thing).

Also, at the very least, are there any printable templates (just the shapes) for the walls or rugs that we can download and customize with our own patterns?  Furthermore, do any of you have customized wallpaper/rug patterns that you came up with yourself that you might want to post for others to use as well? (giving due credit to their respective artists, of course).

I am in posession of some 5300 original wallpapers (no rugs yet) that I was thinking of scanning in order to obtain the shapes only, so that I may customize my ownn patterns and make them available for printing.  And I want to create some rugs as well.  Was just wondering if anyone else has or would want to do this as well.  (I did a search but to no avail.)

Thoughts pls :D
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Victorian Mansion Rugs & Wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:21:50 »
hey! I have a couple of rugs.... I could scan them if you need them. Let me know!
Gaston
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 12:27:38 »
Emma J is probably the one to ask. If anyone's done it, she has! Or she would probably have some very good ideas on how to do it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 17:42:23 »
I know it's been done before. Someone at Playmoboard (maybe Nick?) had done custom wallpapers for their house.

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 19:26:16 »
Emma J is probably the one to ask. If anyone's done it, she has! Or she would probably have some very good ideas on how to do it.

Ahh thanks for the vote of confidence :lol: Yes I have done it, I created all the wallpapers you can see in my rooms. I think it's one of the main features of any of my rooms or houses that I sell, that I've coordinated the wallpapers and flooring to go with the furniture. I'll be honest it took a lot of time, effort and hard work getting the right templates made. It all depends on what software you use.

I've only got very basic stuff just windows paint and excel. I started off with scans but found my software would not print it out 1:1 so through trial and error and printing out lots of outlines I have a basic template for all the wallpapers for 5300 and 5302, which work with my settings on excel and my printer. From there is just a question of filling in with what ever patterns you like.

Add borders, change colours make up tiles etc. It takes me anything from an hour to five or six, to do one set of wallpapers depending on how complicated the design is. The tiled paper in Jones the butchers was made up entirely form pictures of real Victorian tiles, photographed, edited and shrunk to fit my design.

Once you've got your template sorted then it's just a question of how fancy you want to go.

Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 21:44:11 »
I have managed to buy some of the original wallpaper that I use as templates to cut out my own wallpaper. 
As I make cards etc. I have lots of different background papers, many with small designs suitable for making wallpaper in the right scale so I use those.
The only problem I have found was in making the attic wallpaper as I needed to join this as most of my paper is A4 size.

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 22:57:33 »
Ahh thanks for the vote of confidence :lol: Yes I have done it, I created all the wallpapers you can see in my rooms. I think it's one of the main features of any of my rooms or houses that I sell, that I've coordinated the wallpapers and flooring to go with the furniture.

:)9 I was pretty sure you had done it, but was in a rush this morning and didn't have time to research and make sure!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.