Author Topic: 5828 Knight Blister pack  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5828 Knight Blister pack
« on: November 05, 2008, 17:53:29 »
Well i headed up to Target and too my surprise they had some new blisters .

The Green Knight is nothing new ( 4586 ) and unless you are into Fantasy is not that exciting . I do find him quite useful for parts such as the long pony tail wig and the unshaven face . I also like the decal on the shield for different colored older versions of this Dragon knights i have .

The other Knight is also an old repeat but do to the fact i have none, I am happy with him. He has a darker look with nice red decals and highlights that make him an overall great bad knight . I would have preferred it come with a shield with the same lizard looking decal on his throat armor but seeing as this is supposed to be a reproduction Playmobil stayed true to the older special 

Knowing that  playmobil was sticking to true reproduction, there certainly was nothing stopping me from changing what i do not like . The first thing that stood out was the gold belt . It just did not fit with the color scheme so i thought this would look better

Overall at $2.49 and getting two old specials ( 4633 & 4586 ) and  despite my initial dislike of the pair, i will now be getting a few more for the collection
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5828 Knight Blister pack
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 18:30:24 »
Boy as soon as you get them out of the box they are at each others throats. I can see why so many mint in box collectors refuse to let them out of their dark prisons
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 20:09:10 »
Nice review, Rasputin; I like the ending!  I think your change of belt is a great idea and really pulls the attire of the knight together.  The gold belt made him look as if he'd either got dressed in a hurry or in the dark.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 03:19:41 »
The silver belt is definitely and improvement!

Although these two knights aren't my cup of tea, I wish my Target, which I visited today, would stock something besides last year's blister packs!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: