Author Topic: 4745 mongolian warrior special  (Read 7188 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: 4745 mongolian warrior special
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 14:48:36 »
Here is the 4926 Mongol! Just to compare!!! No katana here... and it might not fit, but I would prefer the special's shield to be held by this one...

Why? I like having different shields, and a smaller shield is more manouverable and easier to handle on horseback.

@ Ali, I bought a dozen 4942c Easter Egg Knights while on vacation in Caen (Normandy) last year, because I liked the figure, but I would have bought twice as many if not for the egg. It would be nice if Playmobil released the egg contents separately as a DS item a few months after Easter, ditto the Halloween Pumpkin contents, for those collectors who don't need dozens of empty plastic eggs.

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 17:19:34 »
Here is the 4926 Mongol! Just to compare!!! No catana here... and it might not fit, but I would prefer the special's shield to be hold by this one...

Why? I like having different shields, and a smaller shield is more manouverable and easier to handle on horseback.

... :hmm: but both shields are of the same size ... :hmm:

@ Ali, I bought a dozen 4942c Easter Egg Knights while on vacation in Caen (Normandy) last year, because I liked the figure, but I would have bought twice as many if not for the egg. It would be nice if Playmobil released the egg contents separately as a DS item a few months after Easter, ditto the Halloween Pumpkin contents, for those collectors who don't need dozens of empty plastic eggs.

well, no disrespect, but I think at least sometimes the collectors need to accept that Playmobil is a profitoriented company (and thus wants to sell their eggs) and that the toy is for children in the first place ...  ;)

... btw. lots of swampy coloured / painted empty plastic eggs would make up a perfect alien hive diorama ...  ;) :lol:
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 17:32:58 »

I stand corrected Martin! I have not thought of it this way! Good point!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 17:34:42 »
... :hmm: but both shields are of the same size ... :hmm:

I am afraid they are not Arizzo! The special shield is the same as the viking round shields, while the easter egg one is the small one that the indians carry in all sets!

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 17:58:55 »
I am afraid they are not Arizzo! The special shield is the same as the viking round shields, while the easter egg one is the small one that the indians carry in all sets!

:lens:  upps  :-[  yes, you are right  :-[

:-\ mea culpa, mea maxima culpa  :-\
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 20:23:13 »
Thanks for the review and the pictures, Ali Baba!

While I have no intention of collecting Mongolians, he does have some nice parts.  His silver helmet and his shield will be useful for some of my custom armies.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 22:09:06 »
well, no disrespect, but I think at least sometimes the collectors need to accept that Playmobil is a profit-oriented company (and thus wants to sell their eggs) and that the toy is for children in the first place ...  ;)

No disrespect, but Playmobil have already confirmed that pure profit is not their top concern. They could make more money than they do producing modern warfare sets, but have chosen not to (so far). They could also quite possibly make greater profiyts producing licensed products (Toyv Story, Harry Potter etc.) but again have chosen not to follow the dark side.

However I think they could quite possibly make more money selling the Easter Egg contents without the eggs, simply because some collectors would buy more if they didn't have to pay for the useless egg. If they don't have to make and fill the egg then their costs come down, and I'd happily buy the contents as a DS order.

It's a tricky one, but trying to sell people a product in a format they don't want isn't always the best or only way.