Author Topic: 4857 Summer House  (Read 15807 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 4857 Summer House
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2011, 01:26:31 »
I wouldn't waste the money. I've seen it at TRU, and even the box looks cheap, like a megablocks package. :loco:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2011, 01:30:23 »
Ack. I don't understand why the company would go there  :eh?:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2011, 01:32:32 »
Very detailed review, Bonnie! I really like this set! :)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2011, 01:51:15 »
Thanks for the helpful review and everyone's comments.
I purchased the summer house off eBay when I first saw it, and love the set. Yes, it is very small and lacks a living room and complete kitchen; that requires one to buy another set or two to enlarge it...just like we do with other houses and buildings.
And if you really are lucky, Playmo US parts will have a few pieces of furniture to finish out a set like this when you call. Recently I lucked out getting a few of the light orange sofa/chair combos (from the cabin set 3280 I think), and they look great in all of the modern houses I have built so far.
The arbor and plants are lovely; the overall design of this set is first rate. I used to build Lego houses, but these are so much more entertaining! The furnishings and interiors are so much fun to play with when you add pieces from other sets.
It would be great to see how others have customized the set. Due to remodeling our house, mine is in storage right now. When it comes out, will rebuild it and post a photo.
If you need a present for someone, this is a set that appeals to young and old, which makes it a marvelous gift for anyone who likes to build.
Keep up the great reviews and discussions!!!
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2011, 01:54:57 »
Some very good suggestions, playmogal. Welcome to the forum! I loooove your profile pic. Be sure and start a topic in the welcome section so we can all properly welcome you!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 02:14:47 »
Welcome playmogal  :wave:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to add a story to the home. I think one extra level would be perfect (the floor and stairs perhaps reversed). That way you could have the extra level for a small living room and move the bathroom upstairs to make room for a bigger kitchen  :eh?:

Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2011, 23:08:00 »
Bonniebeth,
Thanks for the welcome! The wedding topper bride and groom were selected from our PM by my son and his wife after they looked at all of the figures and we did some changing of hair to get the right colors. The guests loved the figures, and each got to put a flower on the cake to decorate it. So the cake looked wonderful with the flowers all over and bride and groom on top.
Not sure where the welcome section is....any hints? ;) Please keep up the great reviews and photos!
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2011, 23:11:04 »
Bonniebeth,
Thanks for the welcome! The wedding topper bride and groom were selected from our PM by my son and his wife after they looked at all of the figures and we did some changing of hair to get the right colors. The guests loved the figures, and each got to put a flower on the cake to decorate it. So the cake looked wonderful with the flowers all over and bride and groom on top.
Not sure where the welcome section is....any hints? ;) Please keep up the great reviews and photos!

The welcome section is the first one on the HOME page  ;)
I love your avatar too!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline retronio22

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2012, 14:49:40 »
This house is perfect!Is able to add an extension next to the house to put a living room?And for the second floor to put a bigger baseplate?

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2012, 20:30:05 »
Interesting it looks like a very interesting and beautiful building  :) love the exterior and the figures, don't have it myself but, it looks like it could use some more space and a bigger indoor table and more non kitchen accessories wouldn't be a bad idea

Maybe even two more sizes, one teenage, and the other between the current baby and child sizes would be nice. But I don't think it's gonna happen. :-\

I've also thought this but, as you say it would require a lot of money and work to make it happen, I can't help but, think of the teenage figures as just adults trying to look more trendy just looks weird to me as do figures that look like they should be men with womens hair pieces or vice versa may just be me though