Author Topic: New Figure - Napoleon 70679  (Read 6100 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: New Figure - Napoleon 70679
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 17:07:38 »
Well, I was hasty, so... oh well.

On the plus side, they will not have to deal with my awful portuguese euros. I gave them to the museum shop instead, right?

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 19:36:29 »
Indeed, since today Napoleon is also available directly from Playmobil Northern-Europe (in which Playmobil-Benelux has been integrated) as well.

Well, I was hasty, so... oh well.

On the plus side, they will not have to deal with my awful portuguese euros. I gave them to the museum shop instead, right?

Same here.

I find it a bit weird they did not add Schiller at the same time. On the other hand, Napoleon is very famous in Belgium as well (e.g. The Battle of Waterloo) and Schiller is not at all. Probably they don´t want to add a figure that might not sell too well with the general public...
At the moment Goethe, Bach, Mozart and Napoleon can be bought at the Belgian Playmobil shop, but all are famous individuals.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 01:49:09 »
The first nine boxes arrived today. I opened mine, and compared this Napoleon with the one from Figures Series 9 Boys. I thought the new one would have a dark green coat, but it is black.

The 70679 Napoleon has an empty peg hole in his bicorne. Why was no feather supplied? There is also no sword belt, so we have to assume that he is to hold his sword in his hand at all times.

Unfortunately, there is no booklet included. The only pertinent information is printed on the box, pointing out that the figure is a reference to the famous painting of François Gérard:

The printing on the box is post-Brexit. We talked about this bit on information before.

Horse is plain, blanket is new.

This Napoleon is welcome. The one from Figures Series 9 was better, though, imo.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2021, 07:44:57 »
Corrigendum: only in daylight I can see that Napoleon's coat isn't black but very dark green:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2021, 14:00:30 »
Corrigendum: only in daylight I can see that Napoleon's coat isn't black but very dark green:

To quote Father Ted, 'Sometimes you'll see lay-people wearing what look like black socks, but if you look closely you'll see they're just very very very very very dark blue'

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2021, 18:25:31 »
There's no feather in his hat in the painting. I would have used a different horse though.  Based on the painting the sport horse type with the tight mane would have been a better fit.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 20:28:17 »
Thank you for the pics, StJohn!

:o

This drives me nuts - finding matching arms in a big ferrero rocher box is a nightmare  :-[

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2021, 04:33:24 »
There's no feather in his hat in the painting. I would have used a different horse though.  Based on the painting the sport horse type with the tight mane would have been a better fit.

Introducing the third horse style has created some inconsistencies. They seem to mostly use Type II's for historical sets, but Frederick the Great got a  Type III, which could have set precedent for Nappy here to also get a III.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2021, 13:55:08 »
According to Benelux spare-parts page, the blanket is not new - it's from 5521 - Flamenco Horse with Stall and 6926 - Horse Farm.  The fancy hat is not available, just the unprinted version... I'll have to make a temporary number for it. Glad to know the proper colour of his coat, thank you StJohn.

70679 - Napoleon
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 02:03:39 »

This Napoleon is welcome. The one from Figures Series 9 was better, though, imo.

Yes, that is what I thought too