Author Topic: Short handcuffs  (Read 4038 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Short handcuffs
« on: February 17, 2021, 18:25:29 »

I found this in my spares, I can't remember where it came from. It's very similar to the longer handcuffs piece, which is PM, but without the 'holes' in the chain and with the cuffs aligned differently (and it's shorter).

It's not Lego either, see here. The Lego ones have a central cylinder.

Any ideas on its origin?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Short handcuffs
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 19:20:31 »
The title of your subject unfortunately reminded me of when I worked at an Adult "toy" store, 30 years ago....  :o  :uhoh:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 20:26:48 »
I thought of the things on the Super 4 aliens set, but it's not, clearly (https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-04-0182)

Could it be a different lego mold? Or a lego "cousin"?

The title of your subject unfortunately reminded me of when I worked at an Adult "toy" store, 30 years ago....  :o  :uhoh:

>:D

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 20:51:02 »
Graham,  at a glance, those look like  a small version of Wookie cuffs, or `binders" as SW geeks call them.

I am trying to see if there is a photo  match for them in some data bases, but nothing so far..ll

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 10:20:26 »
Could it be a different lego mold? Or a lego "cousin"?

The Lego part I linked to is the only one on Bricklink (available in other colours too) which seems to be a pretty comprehensive database (Lego having so many devotees!), but a Lego look-alike is a definite possibility.

Graham,  at a glance, those look like  a small version of Wookie cuffs, or `binders" as SW geeks call them.

I wondered if there was an alternative word for handcuffs, but trying 'binders' on Playmodb only came up with books in which papers, magazines, etc. are bound together.

'Nuff said...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 10:22:20 »

I wondered if there was an alternative word for handcuffs, but trying 'binders' on Playmodb only came up with books in which papers, magazines, etc. are bound together.

Heather uses "manacles" as an alternative so it may be worth searching elsewhere on that.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 10:24:21 »
Thanks Gordon, Yup, tried 'manacles' and 'leg cuffs' and 'restraints', no luck.

I found this, which is similar, but not the same.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 16:12:49 »
Perhaps small handcuffs from Play Big ?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 18:51:54 »
These are not playmobil. 4218 has the 'shorter' set of playmobil handcuffs , the longer version has been round since the 70s , a classic playmobil part really like the old green beer bottles.

The Playbig ones are long as well, very similar to the classic playmobil. These sort ones much be used by an action figure that has a smaller hand distance , Star Wars, maybe  i dont collect them. Airgam boys dont have them . Lego handcuff are thicker in the middle to allow a lego grip , these are not legos if you ask me....
'
mystery to be solved....  ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 02:39:22 »
Maybe they are handcuffs for children.  P)
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: