Author Topic: Everdreamerz Series 4 CANCELED  (Read 9424 times)

Offline PlaymoWitch

• Playmo Pal
Re: Everdreamerz Series 4 CANCELED
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 19:53:24 »
I'm Absolutely Crushed.... They answered me on Twitter: 

"Replying to
@MadameOzma
Hi there! The EverDreamerz product range was initially designed for three play themes, the range was to be expanded this year with the optional “Magic World”. Instead of the planned EverDreamerz, we have decided to focus fully on pour new “Magic Surprise” play theme."

"Replying to
@MadameOzma
Unfortunately, we cannot reveal too much yet, but with the new play theme around fairies, friendship, courage and magic, we are inviting children into a fantastic new world that breaks with the classic notions of fairies and establishes a captivating universe."

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 12:21:31 »
At least they got back to you - though I think the 'it's was planned to be 3 themes ' is an interesting spin on things.

Also, it does sound like this is going to be repackaged relatively soon, so there's still hope for the gypsy caravan soon. I might have some interest in a 'break with the classic notions of fairies' (I have no interest in the pink-fest of the fairy ranges they've done, but something darker might work). I just hope 'surprise' doesn't mean more blind bags

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 18:27:35 »
5 characters, 5 themes was the obvious plan. Saying they only ever planned 3 when they announced the 4th and then pulled back is b.s..  Since it was dropped pretty late I assume the molds were already made and they will want that investment back, so we will be getting the caravan one day. Its just too bad since 4 was clearly going to be the best and most popular theme of these yet. I never really expected them to get through all 5 when the price point was just too high to sell well, and then the pandemic on top of that.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 19:16:17 »
If true, it's a disgrace. A proof of total mismanagement. Like Tiermann said - 5 series. Duh.

They make lame expensive sets, in moronic packaging, then wonder what went wrong?  And now they would make the nice ones, in moronic packaging, they cancel?! Seriously?!

Unfortunately, if the fairies are the ones that showed some time ago, with those stupid useless bodies... well.

Next flop: skeletons - interesting parts, nice skeletons, WAY overpriced and an even MORE stupid package? Right. That'll sell.   ::)

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 07:36:53 »
Everdreamerz had a concept that could have been developed beyond 5 series but due to chaos in product planning there would have been 3 magic-themed PLAYMOBIL franchises competing against each other this fall, and that probably gave the final blow.

The too high price points due to the labor intensive packaging, and the covid situation that heavily impacted in-store impulse shopping probably had the theme already performing less than desired i suspect.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2021, 07:58:21 »
The too high price points due to the labor intensive packaging, and the covid situation that heavily impacted in-store impulse shopping probably had the theme already performing less than desired i suspect.

The packaging is .. I don't even know. That these days someone even thought of such a wasteful thing is beyond me. That someone actually approved it.. I have no words. It's shameful. As a playmofan, I am embarrassed. And you know as they say you're never alone? So, it's REALLY unlikely I am the only one to think that. Like the stupid advents, I avoid buying the everwhatsit because of the moronic packaging. I was sooooo FURIOUS with the one I bought, I couldn't bring myself to write a review yet. Ah, and then someone on THAT site had actually the nerve (?) to say the "unboxing experience" (is that a thing!?) is the most important part of the everwhatsit!? WHO are these people?  Even that moronic packaging takes what? 10 mikes to open? 15? I was taking pics AND I do NOT tear them. Klickys last a lifetime. But it's the unboxing that's important? What can you say to that? No wonder it goes downhill.

Still, the price is a killer. Especially because the series were quite lame cost/benefit wise. Particularly the last one, that I regret buying (the surprise boxes).
(Next flop: the skeletons - will THEY be surprised? Cause nobody else will)

Besides everything else (like cancelling the good one), cancelling something after being widely known... AND present in the cat..  It's... well.. an incompetence certificate. I am still hoping it's not true. Even they can not be THIS bad. Right?

As to the covid, though on one side it's bad for business, if they knew what they were doing (and actually wanted to sell their product  ::) ), they would have made a killing - like Lego apparently did.  After all, brats at home need to be entertained, so that parents don't have to put up with them, right? Seems the most common view :(

I'll shut up now.

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 08:21:32 »
PLAYMOBIL reacts to its competitors foremost these days, it does not act on what really lives in the market or what kids want these days directly. That way Everdreamerz was a late reaction to LOL and other succesfull surprise themes, the contents of the Everdreamerz sets were often better designed than what you can find in most other surprise products, but the packaging was probably over-engineered and lost its surprise element with the content already printed on the box  8-).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2021, 09:43:57 »
but the packaging was probably over-engineered and lost its surprise element with the content already printed on the box  8-).

Actually, no - the content is not on the box - at least not all of it... Which was a good surprise with the figures s1+ s2, since the best part was not known before people bought them... and a big disappointment for s3 - there was nothing with those to write home about.

I am SURE a lot of stuff went to the trash with the main boxes, those stupid bags within boxes within boxes were surely on occasion overlooked :(

No idea why they must copy all the stupid things they see. playmobil used to be about wholesome quality. :(  If people want that ... LOL stuff (whatever it is) .. they can freaking buy that stuff. Like the my-not-so-little-pony of a few years ago...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2021, 10:32:50 »
It's... well.. an incompetence certificate.

:lol: I like that!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 11:55:44 »
Everdreamerz had a concept that could have been developed beyond 5 series but due to chaos in product planning there would have been 3 magic-themed PLAYMOBIL franchises competing against each other this fall, and that probably gave the final blow.

To be fair, they frequently have themes that would appear to cannibalise each other (they've constantly had 2 dolls houses in the range for years), and arguably having an existing 'magic' theme might have driven sales rather than been a problem.

I think the principle problem was the price