Author Topic: Playmobil PLUS catalogue 2022  (Read 24133 times)

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Playmobil PLUS catalogue 2022
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2021, 22:42:26 »
Let's be fair, when Lego was tottering on the brink of bankruptcy they didn't actually know how much it cost them to manufacture each set, and it turned out they were selling numerous sets at a loss...

Yeah, and they also had forgotten there should actually be bricks in a lego set.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2021, 08:43:39 »
Yeah, and they also had forgotten there should actually be bricks in a lego set.

^this

Though I am not a lego fan, and I don't REALLY follow it, I see the cats that I cross in stores.. and there seems to be a LOT of pieces that are "stand alone", good for nothing else... more like playmobil than lego, really. 

Of course lego seems aware of the fact LEGO collectors exist, besides the SW, LotR, and whatever else they have... playmobil seems to have forgotten that.. well.. maybe they found a clue buried somewhere now, with the victorians, and those GREAT west releases - in my opinion, the latter are better, since they offer the same but new, thus managing to ensnare also the collectors who have the first versions, which is not true for the victorians (my wallet is still happy with that)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2021, 08:54:31 »
And yet they outsell all the other toy brands left and right, and been doing it for years.

They must be doing something right  ::) ::) ::) Useless arguing with brand fanatics I guess. It’s like arguing about politics and religion  :P :P  :P
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2021, 12:40:33 »
Lego is a construction toy which will have appeal to adults
Playmobil is a play toy which has limited adult appeal

I personally want to play with toys and when you play with Lego they fall apart. To me it’s more of a toy model you display

Playmobil has German engineering and is usable
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2021, 13:26:27 »
And yet they outsell all the other toy brands left and right, and been doing it for years.

They must be doing something right  ::) ::) ::) Useless arguing with brand fanatics I guess. It’s like arguing about politics and religion  :P :P  :P

Well.. unlike CERTAIN companies, lego LIKES money. And they don't hide the stuff. Wherever you go, lego IS there.

I didn't mean to say lego is doing it wrong, sorry - except for the sick "girls are pink mindless idiots" thing, that was (at least on one cat I saw) WAY worse than anything that came from playmobil so far - I don't really have any knowledge of them, their product or their policies, except as a casual observer.

(I admit to being a playmofanatic with no reserve)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2021, 13:52:42 »
Lego appeals to adults because they market a bunch of products to adults. The rest follows.

Playmobil has FINALLY started doing it after years of managerial pigheadedness, and the results are promising.

How about that?

And to get back on track … WHEN are the rest of the victorian sets going up for sale?

:love:
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2021, 14:04:09 »
Playmobil has FINALLY started doing it after years of managerial pigheadedness, and the results are promising.

True. :)

And to get back on track … WHEN are the rest of the victorian sets going up for sale?

It is a bit strange that they didn't release them all... I am curious about the small house. My head says NO.. but my blue heart... well..

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2021, 14:30:48 »
Also don’t forget Lego in early 2000’s …almost a billion $ in the hole

I don’t think Geobra is in the same position with how many adult fans there are for a whole company marketing rework

When does the whole “Plus” catalog come out ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2021, 15:08:49 »
When does the whole “Plus” catalog come out ?

The first of January, more pictures of the sets will be available soon.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2021, 01:51:15 »
ooh, i can already imagine a $500 pirate ship full of led gadgets and armed with photon torpedos :-)

Simulating firing a broadside (about 50 cannons, in case of an HMS Victory) might involve some fire, smoke and noise.  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!