Author Topic: City action set in tesco £35  (Read 1767 times)

Offline lee gray

• Vintage collector
  • Playmo Enthusiast
City action set in tesco £35
« on: October 12, 2012, 20:44:44 »
Noticed this huge box in my store today, the box is well oversized and its priced at 35 pounds, is that a good deal for this set ?

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: City action set in tesco £35
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 22:58:35 »
Someone else mentioned seeing this set too. I don't think it's a good price, as that seems a bit high, especially considering that the vehicles don't look very well-made in the set. The price is probably around the normal price for a set like this though, but it just doesn't contain enough in my opinion. I don't buy modern themes though, so my advice might not be the best to listen to. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 17:46:42 »
Yeah, I remember seeing a few pics of this set before, it doesn't looks too special to me. It looks to be a few different sets thrown together in to one big box.
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline lee gray

• Vintage collector
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:24:49 »
When you lift up the box is feels half empty too, could have easily condensed it down but then ppl might think its worth even less if in a smaller box.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 10:30:57 »
It looks like an odd set, why is that policeman not on a police bike?

I really dont like helicopters in that unrealistic design, the pilot should be protected by glas.

The boat looks rather simple compared to the new policeboat, I'd advice to get that set instead.

The criminal seems to be in a very old style playmobil boat of the 70's I believe. I'd gues some collectors might be interested in it so it could be used to race against the old one if they have it.  Would be nicer if is was not red like the other one.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 15:59:58 »
It was here and was for sale at Costco for the Christmas season. The price was $50

The boat was from the 90's and is typically green, or at least in the US it is

The motor bike is a police off-road/on-road bike called a dual sport or enduro

Boxes have two problems. One is when shoppers are paying a specific price they physiologically expect a certain size. Also when you are shipping items they need to fit pallets and such and other items that they are shipped with. The other set was the school house and that had the exact same size box so the items would all fit together.

Looks like a type of take down of a smuggling operation
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline lee gray

• Vintage collector
  • Playmo Enthusiast
Re: City action set in tesco £35 reduced to £25
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 16:00:46 »
It has just been reduced to £25 as none were shifting, I think thats now an Ok price.