Author Topic: New Figure: Carl Zeiss  (Read 839 times)

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
New Figure: Carl Zeiss
« on: March 18, 2024, 17:32:21 »

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 17:50:04 by JLMatterer »

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: New Figure: Carl Zeiss
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 01:13:02 »
Nice figure. The microscope isn't new, is it? :crossed:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 01:24:17 »
Not as a mold, but I think the color is new. I don't remember it in black before, it's usually grey.

It's a nice figure, we will see how available it ends up being.

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 03:24:08 »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 10:13:57 »
I can remember when Zeiss or Leica cameras were the cameras to own.  My first "proper" camera was a folding Zeiss Ikon Nettar folding camera taking 2.25in by 2.25in photos on roll film.  This was in the mid-1950s.

In the 1960s, my father had a 35mm Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super SLR and also, later after he had sold then and then restarted photography, a second hand rollfilm Zeiss Ikon Ikonta I bought him as a present (it was maybe even a Super Ikonta).

In those days, there were also Carl Zeiss cameras and my first 35mm camera was a Carl Zeiss Werra.

The reason for there being two Zeiss camera makers was WW2.  The old Carl Zeiss factory was in East Germany, but many of the workers there had fled to West Germany at the end of the war to avoid the Russian occupation of the region.  There were long legal tussles over names and tradmarks and names, and eventually the West German company was recognised as Zeiss Ikon and the East German one as Carl Zeiss Jena. 

I actually still have a pre-war Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1 twin-lens reflex camerain working order.   I must try it out.

Entirely irrelevant to Playmobil, but your knowledge has been enlarged.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 13:57:19 »
These special exclusive klickies sure are attractive and what I’d love to see in regular assortment of playmobil

The rainbow bright klickies with their tacky outfits are tiresome

Put some traditional class back into Playmobil similar to this handsome klicky
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 10:33:35 »
Why's his top hat on sideways? They even have the box art for reference. I think the people who wrote the article need some more zeiss in their lives. At least he's not on a skateboard.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 14:14:58 »
My first "proper" camera was a folding Zeiss Ikon Nettar folding camera taking 2.25in by 2.25in photos on roll film.

Mine was a Zenit B. Hand crafted by skilled technicians in Russia. 8}

Interesting to hear about the twin Zeisses and the twin-lens Zeiss!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 18:00:35 »
Mine was a Zenit B. Hand crafted by skilled technicians in Russia. 8}

Interesting to hear about the twin Zeisses and the twin-lens Zeiss!

Glad you liked my reminscing, Graham.  Now I'm 80. you'll probably get much more of it.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 20:19:38 »
These special exclusive klickies sure are attractive and what I’d love to see in regular assortment of playmobil

I second that