Author Topic: 5538 Series 7 Girls - Nun - help needed  (Read 2405 times)

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
Re: 5538 Series 7 Girls - Nun - help needed
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 05:01:32 »
I could have sent you some for free…

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 20:47:21 »
Hello Everyone,

These photos are six weeks or so late, apologies for that, I promised to post when the female hip spare part arrived for my nun with white winged Coif, but time has been running away from me! :-)

I'm not a very religious person although I am fond of small parish and village churches (and in particular fortified churches), also church stained glass windows (of which the Church of St Mary the Virgin in Shrewsbury has some extremely beautiful stained glass windows), and I'm particularly fond of the Vatican Guard because of their unbroken history, colourful uniform and the Morion helmets that they sometimes wear.

Anyway, this is my small collection of men and women of the Church, some may be from different eras, and the bishops are repurposed Santa Claus, but I like them all.

Missing from these photos are a recently arrived choir boy and two gravestones (on order). So maybe another photo later.

I hope that you enjoy :-)

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 10:06:22 »
Very nice!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2023, 14:39:47 »
Great buildings and figures! I'm glad that you got this sorted. :)

Exept for the first few series, most figures have the "female" frame...

But I did get some surprises recently. To make sure, better go for a non-pregnant normal female, yes ;)

I imagine that you probably already know this, tahra, but, as another piece of potentially useful information, figures with legs with sandals (Romans and Gladiators mostly) always come with the wider version of the frame/skeleton (the "male" version). This is the case for normal figures and Fi?ures figures. Use of that style part is necessary for the figures to be put in a seated position, as that style of frame/skeleton has a higher arched part that allows the legs to move without interference with the frame/skeleton (one of the reasons why it needs to be wider and thus does not fit with slimmer torsos). The other version (the "female" version) works well with almost all parts, so it works for most Fi?ures figures.

Have you found any Fi?ures that came with the wider, darker grey frame/skeleton that did not also come with one of these styles of legs?
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2023, 18:36:10 »
I imagine that you probably already know this, tahra, but, as another piece of potentially useful information, figures with legs with sandals (Romans and Gladiators mostly) always come with the wider version of the frame/skeleton (the "male" version). This is the case for normal figures and Fi?ures figures.

Yes, I know - though the "female" ones will also work... thought it's a bit harder to sit them (I have plenty of women with roman legs ;) )

Have you found any Fi?ures that came with the wider, darker grey frame/skeleton that did not also come with one of these styles of legs?

In one of the latest series, several of the Boys figures came with the "male" frame - not fat guys, with non roman legs..

For me... whatever. ;)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2023, 21:20:14 »
In one of the latest series, several of the Boys figures came with the "male" frame - not fat guys, with non roman legs..

For me... whatever. ;)

That's interesting! Perhaps there was a surplus of them. :)
~Pynedor~