Author Topic: Any possibility of a rerelease of 3666?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline jodawill

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Any possibility of a rerelease of 3666?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 20:32:47 »
I bought a Lion Knight's Castle for my son a couple years ago. I built it myself to make sure all the parts where there, but I haven't given it to him yet. At the time, I decided he was too young, then we had another baby, starting the cycle all over again. We're moving to a bigger house this year, so I plan to give it to him then. But I regret buying it. It's a really cool castle, but here's the thing.

The big rock piece that came with it was snapped in half. So I emailed Playmobil, and they sent me another one, which was also broken, but it was still usable. This castle is totally useless without any one of those large pieces. When I bought it, I thought I could connect multiples together and re-arrange the different parts. Nope! You can only use it in the way it was designed. When a major part breaks, the rest of the set becomes totally useless.

I actually love System X. I haven't gotten any steck sets myself yet. But I have half a dozen of the Naval Stronghold sets, and from time to time, my son and I pull them out and make giant forts. It's a lot of fun. (And it takes up so much more space than I ever would have imagined! :lol: ) We also have a couple of the System X western forts.

I imagine the problem parents would have with System X is not so much how long it takes to assemble, but the time they have to spend RE assembling large sets, especially ones that involve large rock pieces, which don't hold the pins very well. But I don't think System WHY solves this problem either.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 03:24:29 »
For me

Stecks for Western, Victorian & Medieval

System X for modern buildings , great for skyscrapers

Im not sure what the system is called but I really like the western log system for the forts

Modular (system Y) go into storage or cannon fodder 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2022, 08:11:58 »
These recent castles are more system WHY than X - putting a couple of connectors on it doesn't make it system X, imo. Actually even the first castles are not true system X, with those HUMONGUOS (and idiotic!) parts, it is hard to mess with them. And the walls are ridiculous, because they can not be made higher. There are few parts truly  useful, like simple walls or windows.

And you are right, Rasputin - that old fort is AMAZING. :love:  :love:  :love:  So many possibilities (and so useful in so many settings). And there are parts to connect it to steck too!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 00:08:50 »
Here is a little wishful thinking

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/18/23173256/lego-lion-knights-castle-90th-anniversary-birthday-price-release-date

If LEGO does it, perhaps Geobra will follow suit
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2022, 00:51:33 »
That's an awesome set. I like that it includes the possibility for civilian and military play whereas Playmobil has separated the two into fantasy knights and princess castle and neither do a particularly good job of things. Fingers crossed the new steck buildings with a civilian focus will see this change. It would be great if they put out some new parts for the half-timber buildings.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2022, 15:06:49 »

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2022, 18:49:36 »
Now Lego is expanding on the big castle

https://brickset.com/article/79068/promising-castle-themed-projects-on-lego-ideas

All these sets are just submissions on Lego Ideas as far as I know. I don't really follow Lego, but I would presume that there have been medieval submissions on there ever since they started running it, and the Blacksmith is the only one that ever made the cut.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2022, 04:22:38 »
I don’t collect Lego so I don’t know what they make

My point is that if Lego is having a renaissance  of the knights theme and playmobil pays close attention to their strategy then perhaps in 10 years Geobra will copy .

Thankfully Geobra is making some Tudor buildings but they have been going in a modem twist direction

Here is hoping for a classic playmobil stecks revival

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2022, 06:32:07 »
The wedge shape cafe they do could easily be done in steck, even a version based on the old zoo. I still wished they'd made these one off partial buildings so they can be combined like being able to place two cafe type buildings together to form something more solid. This is why they need a construction element back, most of the current buildings are one off single use backdrops more like stage decorations.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2022, 19:06:50 »

My point is that if Lego is having a renaissance  of the knights theme and playmobil pays close attention to their strategy then perhaps in 10 years Geobra will copy .

Playmobil has - in a limited way - been releasing the Steck Framework houses for at least a decade - and over the years Playmobil has been more more dedicated to a castle theme than Lego has (I have no idea if this attachment has any basis in economics or not)