Author Topic: Playmo3D Project - a computer based virtual building tool for Playmobil parts  (Read 29091 times)

Offline savvas

• Playmo Fanatic
i downloaded everything now i need time to play with them... ;D

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
There is a document included with the download that gives excellent instructions on how to set up and use Sketchup for this project. I've learned more from it on how to use Sketchup specifically than from anywhere else, very helpful. . . .

So true!  I had previously tried to use the tutorials within SketchUp which I found to be rather overwhelming but Sir Pleamo's instructions are very clear and specific and easy to follow.

I am having a small problem, though, which I hope someone can help me with:  when I select various components and place them in the workspace they are tiny and much too small to work with.  The only preferences or settings that I have changed (as far as I know  ;) ) are the ones detailed in Sir Pleamo's "Basic Settings" sections 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.  I purged my old version of SketchUp and downloaded the most recent one before starting to use the Playmo3D library.  Any suggestions?
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
So true!  I had previously tried to use the tutorials within SketchUp which I found to be rather overwhelming but Sir Pleamo's instructions are very clear and specific and easy to follow.

I am having a small problem, though, which I hope someone can help me with:  when I select various components and place them in the workspace they are tiny and much too small to work with.  The only preferences or settings that I have changed (as far as I know  ;) ) are the ones detailed in Sir Pleamo's "Basic Settings" sections 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.  I purged my old version of SketchUp and downloaded the most recent one before starting to use the Playmo3D library.  Any suggestions?

Sounds quite strange if it is not an issue of zooming... is it? To get sure that it is not such an issue try to use "Zoom Extents" (see the manual page 11) after having imported at least one part (remember zooming in or out can be managed at all time by the mousewheel). If the parts still are too small then there is really something strange within your version, please let me know if this helps or if we have to go to the very deeps of SU...

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Thanks, Sir Pleamo!  That worked - as soon as I hit the "zoom extents" button, everything was fine.   :) 

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
I had some time to try this out, and it's great so far, Sir Pleamo! :)

How did you get the figure in one of your designs though? I don't see him in the libraries anywhere. Is he included in the current libaries?
~Pynedor~

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
How did you get the figure in one of your designs though? I don't see him in the libraries anywhere. Is he included in the current libaries?

How? I made it  :lol: You do not find it in the Library... yes, there is a lot that is not in that Library yet but nevertheless is finished... there are several reasons for that... you may read in the mentioned "historical" thread by cachalote about that issue.

But if you have a look on the pics, you will also not find the furnitures and boxes of the safari station (3433) in the Lib. The whole "Accessoires" folder is quite small... this is in my eyes of lesser importance unless you will design whole scenes or dioramas. But you can recognize at this stuff, that we really are working on something, that we hope will become a big thing some day. ...that is the reason why I am dreaming about getting more and more persons working with this... then we are able one day to have the complete Playmo3D  :love: but all in all this needs time... But again, if someone really needs anything (even such asseccoires) just let it me know!

Most of you will know these pics already, but to integrate them also in this thread I have attached some of them here again.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
. . . we really are working on something, that we hope will become a big thing some day. ...that is the reason why I am dreaming about getting more and more persons working with this... then we are able one day to have the complete Playmo3D  :love: but all in all this needs time...

I hope to gain enough expertise over time so that I can be useful to the project.   :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
I see. Those look great! I don't think I'll be able to make those any time soon. :lol:

I'm just learning to attach some walls together. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
It is strange but i can't believe myself how i have missed this thread.I have already send a pm.

Thank you Sir playmo for your marvelous job!!!
I have downloaded the free version of sketchup.Is it ok or i should get the pro?

MMMANNNYY  TTHHANNKSS FFORR YOURR GGRREEAAT JOBBBB!!!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Free has worked fine for me.