Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 73444 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #280 on: July 05, 2015, 00:36:12 »
I finally managed to get some Series 8 Fi?ures. I found a place that had an untouched box and got all four of the Crusaders, wizards, and kings and a few Vikings. :)

I haven't had too much time lately to make new custom figures, but I did change around some of the pieces for a nice crossbowman and an ice wizard:

I like to have most of my figures be able to stow their accessories on their backs or on belts or straps if possible to keep their hands free whilst not actively engaging in combat or other activities. However, I am unfortunately out of weapon clips (the kind that go on capes and such with pegs), and my magic staff users mostly use these. So until I can find more of those, I'll likely not be making much progress on more mages or wizards or the like. :-\

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 00:41:43 by Pynedor »
~Pynedor~

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #281 on: July 05, 2015, 13:36:55 »
This thread is a gem, with such beautiful photography  :love: 

I'm  not a big fan of the wizzard's short sleeves, but I think his robes and his hat look great.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #282 on: July 05, 2015, 13:56:23 »
This thread is a gem, with such beautiful photography  :love: 

I'm  not a big fan of the wizzard's short sleeves, but I think his robes and his hat look great.

Thank you very much for the kind words, Birdie! :)

I agree about the sleeves. I tried a few different things, but I didn't have many good arms available. I settled with the sleeves and those white bracelets, but I'll keep looking for some better arms. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Basie10

• It's ok :)
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #283 on: July 05, 2015, 19:10:02 »
I like the crossbow figure - particularly his shield :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2015, 23:06:28 »
Today I got most of the new Knights sets that I wanted from the new batch (sorry about the flash :(). I am particularly happy that I got a few of set 5166! :D I can't wait to start opening the stuff and trying out some new combinations of parts.

I like the crossbow figure - particularly his shield :)

Thanks! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #285 on: July 17, 2015, 06:34:16 »
Nice choices  :)  Are you going for the big castle too?

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #286 on: July 17, 2015, 07:23:31 »
There are some nice sets for sure, though I am not quite sold on the two knight factions of this new batch. Lion castle is beautifull, shields and banners too, but the soldiers look like clowns.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #287 on: July 17, 2015, 11:43:49 »
Nice choices  :)  Are you going for the big castle too?

Thanks! I don't plan to get the big castle for now. It's quite expensive, and I'd rather buy more DuoPacks or Fi?ures. :lol:

There are some nice sets for sure, though I am not quite sold on the two knight factions of this new batch. Lion castle is beautifull, shields and banners too, but the soldiers look like clowns.

Ha! :lol: Yes, they do look sort of strange and over colourful and printed. That's one of the reasons why I like the DuoPack 5166 so much. The red figure is very basic and can be used in many different factions. He reminds me of the older Knights. And the white figure is really just a giant source of parts. I might keep two or so of them as they are. The DuoPack really does have a great amount of parts; this was clear when I opened the first one and laid out all the pieces. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2015, 14:00:05 »
Very nice buys. I want the same knights sets except the one with the dragon.
Have a good fun with them! :)

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2015, 01:07:06 »
Very nice buys. I want the same knights sets except the one with the dragon.
Have a good fun with them! :)

Thanks! It took me a while to decide whether I wanted the dragon, but I eventually decided to go for it. :lol:
~Pynedor~