Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 73998 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2014, 14:21:03 »
I really like the silver guy! And the dragons' leg armor fits!  :o  Needs more careful looking into!

And thank you SO MUCH for the help with Hype (it doesn't recognize the mouse?) - I have located my CD, now need a few hours!  :love:

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2014, 14:27:49 »
The golden knight that I made earlier has remained one of my favourite customs that I've done so far, and I've wanted to create a similar one with silver armour. This custom is my first attempt at that, but he isn't finished at all yet and needs some tweaking. I also need a permanent figure to use as the base since this one is not meant to be customised. :lol:

Anyway, I think he turned out well:

Here's a group shot of some of my heroes, eager for a quest:

He looks great, but have you tried the silver "great helm" from the silver/blue dragon knight from the latest Fi?ures on him?I think that might work well too!Just an idea of course-he looks great as he is! :)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2014, 14:39:43 »
I really like the silver guy! And the dragons' leg armor fits!  :o  Needs more careful looking into!

Yes! After talking to you about the dragons in your thread, I remembered wondering whether they fit when I bought the bags. So I went and made this quick custom right away. It does fit and looks cool, but he can't sit, of course. :lol: I'll have to try out some other things.

And thank you SO MUCH for the help with Hype (it doesn't recognize the mouse?) - I have located my CD, now need a few hours!  :love:

Sure thing. :) The mouse isn't used in the game from what I've seen. I'd say getting used to the controls are the most difficult thing about the game. I was thinking about buying a USB controller just to make this game more enjoyable. :lol:

He looks great, but have you tried the silver "great helm" from the silver/blue dragon knight from the latest Fi?ures on him?I think that might work well too!Just an idea of course-he looks great as he is! :)

Thanks, Erik. As I'm sure you guys have seen, I really like this Sugarloaf style helm and probably overuse it. :lol: But I did try the one you mentioned along with several others, and a lot of them look really good. I'm not sure which one to go with for the final version of this custom though. First, I need to find some donor legs for it since currently that is a Templar underneath the armour (you can see his swordbelt that I've covered with the plate), and I don't want to sacrifice one of them. Legs with those small shoes aren't on any of the newer figures though.
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2014, 19:01:43 »
Yes! After talking to you about the dragons in your thread, I remembered wondering whether they fit when I bought the bags. So I went and made this quick custom right away. It does fit and looks cool, but he can't sit, of course. :lol: I'll have to try out some other things.

Ah, didn't think of that (the sitting part...) - I suppose he can't sit even without the armor and belt?

Sure thing. :) The mouse isn't used in the game from what I've seen. I'd say getting used to the controls are the most difficult thing about the game. I was thinking about buying a USB controller just to make this game more enjoyable. :lol:

Ah, right! I don't actually remember Alex - I mean if there was mouse use there...

Thanks, Erik. As I'm sure you guys have seen, I really like this Sugarloaf style helm and probably overuse it. :lol: But I did try the one you mentioned along with several others, and a lot of them look really good. I'm not sure which one to go with for the final version of this custom though. First, I need to find some donor legs for it since currently that is a Templar underneath the armour (you can see his swordbelt that I've covered with the plate), and I don't want to sacrifice one of them. Legs with those small shoes aren't on any of the newer figures though.

The black knight's helmet is called a sugarloaf?   :lol:  As I've said before, I'm not fond of helmets that cover the face  :-[

And I do wish there were more of those simple "medieval legs" (not in green, blue!) - had problems finding those for the figures blue knight's men!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2014, 03:34:36 »
Ah, didn't think of that (the sitting part...) - I suppose he can't sit even without the armor and belt?

Nope, the part of the leg armour at the top that sticks out stops him from sitting. :(

The black knight's helmet is called a sugarloaf?   :lol:  As I've said before, I'm not fond of helmets that cover the face  :-[

And I do wish there were more of those simple "medieval legs" (not in green, blue!) - had problems finding those for the figures blue knight's men!

Yup, because it looks like a sugarloaf. :lol: And those simple legs are great, but I doubt with the newer trends that we'll see them very often anymore.
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2014, 10:43:40 »
Nope, the part of the leg armour at the top that sticks out stops him from sitting. :(

Darn. Wonder if they could be.... trimmed a bit............

Yup, because it looks like a sugarloaf. :lol: And those simple legs are great, but I doubt with the newer trends that we'll see them very often anymore.

Right. Why make boring metal+black legs, with so MANY WONDERFUL combinations available?! Bright green and that godsawful blueish.. BRIGHT pink and purple...  ::)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2014, 13:26:28 »

Yup, because it looks like a sugarloaf. :lol:

Just to clarify, you meant the black knight as in the Special 4517, right? The one he has, along with the Dragon Slayer helm and the one that my white knight and new silver have are the sugarloaf ones. The one that my black knight with the cape has isn't. ;)

Right. Why make boring metal+black legs, with so MANY WONDERFUL combinations available?! Bright green and that godsawful blueish.. BRIGHT pink and purple...  ::)

Indeed. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2014, 15:47:47 »
That's quite a team you have there, though you might want to give that poor girl some more equipment! already no helmet for her, and she only gets a kitchen knife as a weapon while the others get big swords, flails and axes.  ;)

Nice pictures of your hype knight fighting the templars too!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2014, 20:50:39 »
Very nice !!!!!   :love: :love: :love:

PS: these leg armor parts what part number are they and what set are they from? i reckon i might  be getting   'a few ' as i am thinking to armor up me black lion guard  and trying to work out the best armor combo for the lean and the not so lean black lion klickies ( 3 types ) ...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2014, 20:59:40 »
That's quite a team you have there, though you might want to give that poor girl some more equipment! already no helmet for her, and she only gets a kitchen knife as a weapon while the others get big swords, flails and axes.  ;)

Nice pictures of your hype knight fighting the templars too!

Thanks, Rhalius. I considered giving her one of those fire staves, but it didn't look right. Somehow I've just not been able to find a weapon that fits well, and I like the flowers better than any helm I've tried on her. She's so agile that it shouldn't be a problem. :lol:

Very nice !!!!!   :love: :love: :love:

PS: these leg armor parts what part number are they and what set are they from? i reckon i might  be getting   'a few ' as i am thinking to armor up me black lion guard  and trying to work out the best armor combo for the lean and the not so lean black lion klickies ( 3 types ) ...

Thanks, Giorginetto. :) The leg armour parts are from the new Asian Dragonland bags. They are supposed to be for the equippable dragons, but they do fit the older, narrow legs. According to the parts sheet:

30 25 6163 Silver Leg Armour
30 25 6173 Silver Pauldron, Shoulder Armour

The helms and tail armour don't fit human figures.
~Pynedor~