Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 74156 times)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2014, 01:34:54 »
It's a fun game, I've played it through quite some years ago, and I found it surprisingly difficult in some parts!
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2014, 03:16:02 »
It's a fun game, I've played it through quite some years ago, and I found it surprisingly difficult in some parts!

The controls can be a bit difficult to master, but so far I've only fought a few wild boars and a band of highwaymen as in the pictures. :D It's cool to know that there will be some difficult enemies later! It is definitely a much more involved game than I had thought. I think it's a lot better than the newer games (the Knight and Pirates ones).

~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2014, 03:27:29 »
Cute - I saw part of a German play through awhile back.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2014, 07:34:06 »
that looks like a neat game, I never liked any of the games but perhaps the kids will. Right now they are into minecraft, darn thing looks like lego.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2014, 08:30:06 »
Ok, I'll take you up on that. I bought all three AGES ago, and NEVER managed to install Hype or Laura. Played and reviewed Alex on playkingdoms back then...

So, do you have detailed instructions? :-[

I think I probably tried to install those games on all the computers I had since then :(

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2014, 13:31:16 »
Ok, I'll take you up on that. I bought all three AGES ago, and NEVER managed to install Hype or Laura. Played and reviewed Alex on playkingdoms back then...

So, do you have detailed instructions? :-[

I think I probably tried to install those games on all the computers I had since then :(

What operating system are you using?
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2014, 14:13:20 »
What operating system are you using?

Currently, win 7 Pro 64 bits.

Tried at least with 98, 2000, XP  :(

(maybe you should open a new thread about this? I wonder if there aren't more people out there with the same problem  :-[ )

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2014, 21:26:46 »
Currently, win 7 Pro 64 bits.

Tried at least with 98, 2000, XP  :(

Hmm, I was going to suggest firstly to install the games on an older system and then transfer the files to your Windows 7, but you've already tried that it seems. Unless you mean that you attempted to run the game in compatibility modes for those operating systems, which probably wouldn't work. The easiest way to get it onto your 64 bit system would be to directly download the files instead of trying to use the packaged installer.

If you can do that:

Inside the folders, there should be an application file called MAID3DVR_BLEU. Run that to play the game. The introduction movie may not play (the files are inside the game folders though, so you can watch the movies whenever you want). In any case, press [ESC] to skip to a Ubisoft loading screen when you hear music playing or the introduction movie. After that (it should take only a second or so to load on your Windows 7, tahra), the game will start.

Keep in mind that you will need to insert the game disc or use a copy of the ISO image in a virtual drive to actually play.

(maybe you should open a new thread about this? I wonder if there aren't more people out there with the same problem  :-[ )

If you really think so, then I probably could. A quick search shows that the game has been discussed a few times on the forum briefly already. I would really just suggest what I have above for now. :D Check your private messages though, tahra. I have included a bit more information for you there.

As far as getting your other older games to work, I would suggest trying to install them on an older system to transfer the files. You could always use a virtual machine to install an older operating system and try that route if you don't have access to an older machine any longer, but that would probably be much more difficult for most people.
~Pynedor~

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2014, 20:42:16 »
Looks like a cool game I'm sure if it had been around when I was a kid I would have played it and really enjoyed it (probably been rubbish at it as well  :-[ ;D) I've had a few games from Ubisoft and the graphics were quite good they look quit encie on this game as well

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2014, 22:30:39 »
It really is quite fun! :) I'll probably post some more images if I find anything really interesting in the game world as I play through it.

Also, today I got these two awesome cars. They are sort of based on the real 1986 Suzuki Swift GTi, considering that they've got emblems on the back that say "Swift GSi". To me, they look just as much like the Volkswagen Mk2 or Renault 5 Supercinq. I'll be fine just considering them to be cool fantasy hatchbacks of the Playmobil world though. :lol: I have always wanted to get some of these older Playmobil vehicles, and I'm glad that I chose these ones to be my first modern items. I just need modern people to drive them and ride in them now, ha!

It's hard to tell in the picture, but the one on the left is a bit faded, and the one on the right is essentially mint. I'll be keeping that one as it is, and I eventually plan to customise the faded one.   

~Pynedor~