Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 74124 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2012, 09:07:00 »
he looks great, I kind of wish that Geobra would make fabric capes. That way it could be combined with full plate armor too.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2012, 09:27:39 »
Fabric capes are easy enough to make for customs.  :)

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2012, 11:25:53 »
Very nice figure.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2012, 14:16:56 »
he looks great, I kind of wish that Geobra would make fabric capes. That way it could be combined with full plate armor too.

That's really the reason why I tried this out. It'd be awesome to be able to have a chainmail coif bottom or other neck armour with a cape, but that isn't possible with the current styles of capes. :-\

Here's another picture with a Hounskull-like helm.

~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2012, 14:20:58 »
Canyou post a pic of the cape alone?  Looks like a good idea to.. adopt ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2012, 14:22:07 »
Awesome result!!! Is this a custom cape, one you made, or is it from another toy line?

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2012, 14:45:14 »
Canyou post a pic of the cape alone?  Looks like a good idea to.. adopt ;)

Sure. It's quite simple in design really. I just cut a small piece of cape-shaped cloth and then cut a hole in it. The silver piece I used to go over it works really well to hold it in place.

Awesome result!!! Is this a custom cape, one you made, or is it from another toy line?

I made it. It only took me a few minutes, so it isn't shaped perfectly. Since it turned out so well, I'll probably try to make some more that are better. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2012, 14:50:15 »
Awesome Pynedor! Thanks.

The only problem is it being a "fixed" piece.. At least I don't go popping klickys after they're done...  I suppose if the neckpiece wasn't fixed, it would be possible to use a non-fixed cape too....

Still, brilliant idea, and looks great :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2012, 15:22:55 »
Cool!!!  :)9
Thanks for the extra pics!!!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2012, 15:43:05 »
The only problem is it being a "fixed" piece.. At least I don't go popping klickys after they're done...  I suppose if the neckpiece wasn't fixed, it would be possible to use a non-fixed cape too....

The way I get around this is to use the Fi?ures skeletons and heads in customs. They are made in a way that they can be popped off whenever needed, without using any of the old methods. They have somewhat rounded "lock-in" parts on the head pieces that allow for this. It's great for customising, and you can just pop them without worrying about doing any damage to them after they are complete. I know what you mean about finishing one and leaving it, but with the new Fi?ures parts, this can be basically forgotten. :)

I reckon I'll be using the Fi?ures heads and skeletons for all customs from now on, so I should be able to make many more and test out combinations much easier.

As another note - I haven't tried it since I don't really like to physically alter the parts - but I suppose the older heads could could filed down to allow for the same ease of subsequent poppings. They might be loose after this though, as they won't have been done perfectly by the moulds.
~Pynedor~