Author Topic: Pynedor's Playmobil  (Read 73968 times)

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
Re: Pynedor's Playmobil Purchases
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 00:29:02 »
The klickys are nice...

Ditto. I think that the klickies looks beautiful in this set! :love:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 18:08:19 »
Today I managed to find another Arab warrior Special, set 4691. ;)

I also - finally - got the Series 2 knight. He is much cooler than I originally thought. His shield looks nice with the wyrm (though the yellow arrows are sort of strange), and the face marking is a nice one (though mine doesn't have very good print quality :(). Also, has anyone else noticed that his armour is lighter than the armour of other figures? Someone mentioned that they might be using a different material to make them now, but this is the first time I've seen this. My knight's metal pieces - his helm, shield, arm pieces, gorget, belt, and sword - are completely of a lighter colour. It almost looks metallic really, and I actually like it. I still think that he would look better with armoured hands and different legs though. :lol:

I would have gotten some of the female figures too, but after a rather vexing ten minutes or so feeling the bags without ever finding the ones I wanted, I decided to leave and try again later. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 03:36:46 »

I would have gotten some of the female figures too, but after a rather vexing ten minutes or so feeling the bags without ever finding the ones I wanted, I decided to leave and try again later. :lol:

now it only takes me about 10 seconds to get that similar feeling  :P

great things you buy  :banana:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 18:49:30 »
~Pynedor~

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 22:31:45 »
Today I found yet another 5825 crusader pack... somehow. And I also got three crusader 4670 specials on sale! :)

I also tried (and failed) to use the so-called "Spanish method" to behead one of my crusaders. I twisted the band very tightly, yet the head really did not want to come off. The smashing method seems too violent and so I won't try that (I broke an unfortunate test figure's arm trying it earlier :hmm:). For now, I really want to just be able to take apart one so that I can customise a "leader" of sorts.
~Pynedor~

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 02:23:30 »
Today I found yet another 5825 crusader pack... somehow. And I also got three crusader 4670 specials on sale! :)

I also tried (and failed) to use the so-called "Spanish method" to behead one of my crusaders. I twisted the band very tightly, yet the head really did not want to come off. The smashing method seems too violent and so I won't try that (I broke an unfortunate test figure's arm trying it earlier :hmm:). For now, I really want to just be able to take apart one so that I can customise a "leader" of sorts.

I use the "Hans on" method to customize my klickies and it works well.  With fat klickies, however, this method is somewhat difficult and I have broken a couple legs this way, so I use a pliers on the back of the head and it works well.  If you don't use masking tape, this method leaves a mark at the back of the head, but because the hair covers it, I don't see it as an issue.  Customizing klickies is one of my favorite things to do with Playmobil, as I can make each one exactly as I want it. :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:26 »
do you lift the arms when you do the "hans on" method ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 06:38:15 »
do you lift the arms when you do the "hans on" method ?

Yes, I lift the arms.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 16:21:16 »
The smashing method seems too violent and so I won't try that (I broke an unfortunate test figure's arm trying it earlier :hmm:). For now, I really want to just be able to take apart one so that I can customise a "leader" of sorts.

Sorry I was not more clear Justindo  :-[ Seeing all your custom work I kind of figured you had it figured out how best to take a figure apart.  8}  the English language  :lol:

I think there is a great opportunity for some one to make a special set of pliers that are rubber coated, fit into the neck area of a Klicky and once pressure is applied it pops the heads off. No invention needed, just engenering. I think they would not only sell like hotcakes on auctions but would get Geobras attention. Better get the pattents all in order first though  ::)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 02:10:31 »
I lifted the arms when I tried too... without success. The little tab on one of the arms of the sacrificial figure broke off. :(

That was a while ago, and I've not tried that method again. I went for the "Spanish method" with a Teutonic knight, but its head really would not come off. I didn't want to damage it, so I left it at that. I just want one apart though so I can use the grey inner piece from a Series figure to easily customise with the Teutonic knight tabard. :lol:
~Pynedor~