Author Topic: All the ghost pirates...  (Read 18350 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
All the ghost pirates...
« on: December 28, 2010, 21:23:06 »
I know Customiser has done some very nice reviews of some of the following sets, but I thought of putting all these ghost pirate sets together just to give you a complete file!

First here is 4802 Shell with cannon!!

We have a really nice shaped shell, with white teeth, and when it opens it reveals a cannon...(so don't dare come close and annoy it... ;) ) the yellow inner part has holes on which you insert the cannon and the footholds for the ghosts...I like the variations on these ghosts...they are actually the same design, as you'll notice later, but each have different items, colours and characteristics to reveal unique characters!!! This set also inclused a small sea serpent...good companion for a ghost  :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: All the ghost pirates...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 21:35:31 »
4804 Giant Crab...

No matter how hilarious it sounds, i think this is quite a sinister set...I can recall seeing a whole army of these giant crabs at a diorama and it just gave me the creeps...

There is not much to tell really, apart from the fact that the top of the crab is an interesting design to allow the ghost piaret to sit on it... you can also see that one claw is bigger than the other and that it can also open and close!!! While playing, i am sure theat this crab can squeeze mani enemies in its claw!!! :o
I find the klicky to be quite intersting, that sash has a great vivid red colour! and the orange hair... something to give nice visability in the dark waters!!!  :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 21:50:12 »
4803 Ghost Whale Skeleton

This is actually a very interesting and well designed set! The skeleton is glowing in the dark...(too bad I was not able to make the pic look good)... and it rests on a rock which makes it look more like a bastion... so imagine having the ghost ship attacking this rock... Under the skull (which has a nice design that allows the officer in charge to sit on it and start shouting commands at his warriors) there is a cannon that enables the ghost in charge to protect the rock from any attacks...a very imporant feature is opening whale ribs, as if to allow the thorax to work as a prison!!!

The ghosts that come with this set are interesting ... especially the one with the blue colours...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 22:01:16 »
4805 Three-Headed Sea Serpent

No introductions needed!!! This serpent makes Nessie (forgive me Sylvia  :) ) look like a lamb...

For detailed info please visit http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2779.0 and http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4744.0

-------------------------------

the rest will have to wait for tomorrow boys and girls!!! I am off to bed!! Thanks for your patience!!!  :)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 23:51:08 »
cool!  I love the pirates theme, as you know, and have always been fascninated with the ghost pirates but have never gotten the nerve to really drop the cash on any of the sets (just the clickies).  I actually really like the crab just for itself.  I think it's kinda cute and neat!  The whale bones are cool too;  which it were a full skeleton though.  Not crazy about the clam.  And I love the hydra, way cool.  Nice review!  Now you must also do the ghost ship!
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 00:00:05 »
4804 Giant Crab...

No matter how hilarious it sounds, i think this is quite a sinister set...I can recall seeing a whole army of these giant crabs at a diorama and it just gave me the creeps...

I think our own Macgayver did that diorama featuring the ghost crab army! Thanks for the reviews on this strange theme, Panos! Maybe it will persuade some of us to purchase these before they are retired!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 01:45:24 »
Yes, thank you for this review. It has given me some appreciation for this theme. Maybe I won't let chris use the next ghost pirate we get free with an order for target practice!  :lol:

I like the whale skeleton. It has interesting possibilities.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 10:45:09 »
Nice series of reviews, Panos, thank you.  The claws on the crab might have use on some major fire brigade rescue equipment I suppose -  :lol: - but overall I'm confirmed the theme isn't really up to Playmobil's best, although there are some clever ideas in it such as the whale's thorax doubling as a prison.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 21:07:25 »
Now you must also do the ghost ship!

Well Atto, I will post some pics later on with the most important features of the ship, but I think Customiser has done a really great review here: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2763.0

I think our own Macgayver did that diorama featuring the ghost crab army!

Hmmm maybe he was... i really cannot recall...

Yes, thank you for this review. It has given me some appreciation for this theme.

Good to know Bonnie!!!  :)

but overall I'm confirmed the theme isn't really up to Playmobil's best, although there are some clever ideas in it such as the whale's thorax doubling as a prison.

Yes that is indeed the case Gordon... I visited my biggest local toy shop today and the themes that sold the least for Christmas time were these ghost pirates... maybe they are uterly fantastic for children too...

Thank you all for you feedbacks  :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 21:13:46 »
4801 Stingray Rider

For reasons that I am certain you will understand by looking at following pics, I find this to be the most hilarious set playmobil has ever made... Although I like the ghost pirate klicky (he is the only ghost pirate with an eyepatch  :lol: ) and although the coral keeps the stingray ''floating'', the stingray tself is a bit... ok its too... well... i cannot find the word...  :giggle: