Author Topic: Playmobil in the News  (Read 227198 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Playmobil in the News
« Reply #1910 on: July 07, 2023, 17:39:49 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #1911 on: July 09, 2023, 21:57:28 »

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #1912 on: July 29, 2023, 00:25:53 »
I'm having a lot of trouble with my eyes, & started a new med a couple of weeks ago. It's helping but right now I can't focus well enough to see anything clearly on my monitor. It's a struggle to take a picture, & impossible for me to read anything.

I see the dr again next week & will have new glasses soon, but I'll need to take a short break from doing the news.  :wave:

Don't forget this thread is also on Facebook, & that I can keep up with due to the simplicity of posting (cut & paste links). The head of Playmobil just resigned, & there are several news items about it. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100048681627109

Typing this was painful.... g'nite! :omg:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #1913 on: July 29, 2023, 05:42:38 »
I’m hoping you’ll get well soon.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #1914 on: July 29, 2023, 09:53:26 »
Hope you can see better soon, Jim!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #1915 on: July 29, 2023, 16:03:56 »
Get well soon!

(disturbing news - not that playmobil was exactly on a right course, but still... )

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #1916 on: August 02, 2023, 00:08:47 »
I have cataracts in both eyes, plus some other problems. I'll have to have surgery, but we're treating the other issues for a few weeks first, then will proceed from there. The new medicine is already helping a little, & I'm glad to finally pinpoint the problem! 

::)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #1917 on: August 02, 2023, 02:58:38 »
Went and had a look for some of those other articles and found this: https://newsrnd.com/business/2023-07-21-loss-of-momentum-and-resignation-of-his-boss----playmobil-in-turmoil.HktBw4dc3.html

Grim reading but interesting to see the comment about failing to grow the market with adult collectors.
Packaging to me remains a problem. Small sets in big boxes means more postage costs, more space used on shelves. Why are the Naruto figures in such big boxes? Why are the skeletons from something sands in giant skull packs? Minimise packaging, make the overall product cheaper and produce more of it.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #1918 on: August 02, 2023, 07:24:37 »
It will be interesting to see what McKinsey come up with in September, if their report is leaked. Phasing out of Playmobil manufacturing in Europe in favour of China? Inclusion of Military figures and equipment (not far to go there!)? Quality reductions, put sets on shelves of every supermarket? It feels like the beginning of the end...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #1919 on: August 02, 2023, 12:04:17 »
It will be interesting to see what McKinsey come up with in September, if their report is leaked. Phasing out of Playmobil manufacturing in Europe in favour of China? Inclusion of Military figures and equipment (not far to go there!)? Quality reductions, put sets on shelves of every supermarket? It feels like the beginning of the end...

It's ironic they're complaining about oil prices when that was the catalyst to them creating playmobil in the first place. I think too many sets have huge plastic pieces which can't be used outside that set. Why have they not made any of the playsets or bases capable of being joined to each other? It really limits their use and these things can't be cheap to make.
Single figures in bags at the supermarket would be good if done right, done poorly it becomes that cheap toy next to the chewing gum.