Author Topic: 4851 Petting Zoo  (Read 1127 times)

Offline wezcartoons

• Playmo Pal
4851 Petting Zoo
« on: January 28, 2013, 20:09:09 »
My daughter got a Playmobil set from her grandparents for Christmas and only opened it today. (She can resist temptation far more than I can!) It's a set that they call the Children's Zoo, which we are using as an add-on to the playground we have.

I was really pleased with the set but my daughter was disappointed that the base on the box front photo is not an actual base plate. She expected to have a yellow ground covering included, and I must admit the photo is a little misleading if you aren't used to scanning the back of the box for the contents.
The other thing we didn't like is the yellow hair on one of the child klickies - a bit too Justin Bieber for us...

While I liked the attention to detail on the apple, it's possible that Quentin Tarantino had a hand in the design process, as my daughter said the red looked a little too much like blood.

We both agreed that the sandals on the child klicky were amazing, and solved the problem of all the loose sandals we have that are forever losing their partners. We also loved the flowing water on the waterfall section. The set works really well with our playground equipment and the ice cream and hotdog sellers, so it was a great choice.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4851 Petting Zoo
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 20:46:48 »
what a great little set. I guess I will have to get one for all the special parts.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 21:18:41 »
A neat set, that waterfall is pretty amazing.  Lots of baby animals too.   :love:  Thanks for all the pictures.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 21:38:01 »
Nice set I like the water feature that's what I'd like for my Gardener Klickies seeing as I love doing pond work and would like to be able to reflect that with a decent sized pond then I'd jsut need to make the a pond net  ;D, anyway like all the Klickies can see why you wouldn't like the blonde boys hair but, I've got to say it's nice to see a bit of variety in the kids hair and I don't mind the style myself  :)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 22:12:25 »
Santa brought this for 7 year old Sophie too  ;D

I too noticed those sandals and I like them a lot.

Sophie has already used the animal shelter for other set ups - it is quite useful and I immediately thought about a nativity scene.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 01:45:49 »
You could easily cut a piece of yellow felt for the bottom.

It's a fun set. It brings back memories of visiting actual petting zoos

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 07:24:01 »
Some years ago me and my sister gave this set to my nephew for his birthday, it wasnt on his list but it was on sale and we informed if he had it already.

He was quite happy with the surprise, he liked all those animals that came with it.