Author Topic: Everdreamerz  (Read 11315 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Everdreamerz
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2020, 09:23:10 »
Careful, Ismene. PM designers can't go around asking children what they would like! ;)

Good point!

Or adults, for that matter!  8}

I think I'm going to post in the Brainstorming section.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2020, 03:30:20 »
mystery animal bags

I hate mystery bags & boxes. I want to know/see what I buy.
Whoever wants to make huge profits of course doesn´t want the customers to know what they are buying and of course hopes to sell as many unwanted items as possible.
Sorry for being a fun-spoiler.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2020, 04:03:51 »
Whoever wants to make huge profits of course doesn´t want the customers to know what they are buying and of course hopes to sell as many unwanted items as possible.

I actually find them a really strange move. If they were very cheap I could see them as an 'entry point' for Playmobil, but they're not really.

Supposedly they used to use the Specials as a way of 'testing' popularity of potential new ranges, but since you can't choose the blind bags they don't fufill that role. Because of the strong chance of getting something rubbish, I very rarely buy them, but there's loads I would have bought if I could have just chosen.

I also think this would have annoyed be even more when I was a kid, when £2 was a lot of money to me!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2020, 06:46:47 »

Oh, I agree. I would much rather buy a Special or an Add-on and know what I'm getting. However, I don't think blind bags are going away anytime soon. So, I'm suggesting animal packs as the least painful version of mystery sets. They could be done more cheaply than these Everdreamerz sets and would have a 0% chance of a surprise clown. I would like my purple pandas sans Spice Girl knock-offs, thank you. And I could totally see buying mystery animal sets as small gifts or party favors for kids, which I don't normally do with mystery figures because there's such a high chance of getting a weirdo.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2020, 15:12:05 »
I would like my purple pandas sans Spice Girl knock-offs, thank you.

:lol:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2020, 20:37:08 »
Ok... (deep breath)... playmobil (I mean whoever does the posts for the company on THAT site) has been posting these "unboxing" videos for the Everwhatsit...

I was shocked when I first saw it... and this time, I asked about it...

The answer was even worse than the usual "oh, nobody is at the office now, so we can't answer"...   ::)

I calmed down before replying..  >:(

Link on THAT site: https://www.facebook.com/Playmobil/posts/2479996345438654

I would love for other people to chime in... Though I doubt it will make ANY difference. I am still having a hard time believing this could see the light of day.

If you are not on THAT site.. here's the pic:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2020, 21:23:59 »
Good points, tahra (and thanks for sharing here, or I would never have seen it!).

"...the Unboxing Character is the main focus of the whole theme world."
What on Earth does that actually mean? Do they mean 'the main point of this theme is opening the boxes to collect the characters'?

It's really nice to open new boxes and assemble the sets inside (I've just done three steck buildings!), but that's hardly the point of buying the sets is it (as you so eloquently pointed out, tahra!)? IMO the whole idea of videoing yourself unboxing a set and then posting the video online is rather sad, but I find a lot of what people post online a bit sad.....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2020, 21:38:36 »
Good points, tahra (and thanks for sharing here, or I would never have seen it!).

"...the Unboxing Character is the main focus of the whole theme world."
What on Earth does that actually mean? Do they mean 'the main point of this theme is opening the boxes to collect the characters'?

It's really nice to open new boxes and assemble the sets inside (I've just done three steck buildings!), but that's hardly the point of buying the sets is it (as you so eloquently pointed out, tahra!)? IMO the whole idea of videoing yourself unboxing a set and then posting the video online is rather sad, but I find a lot of what people post online a bit sad.....

I just wish some more people would comment... Maybe I should post this in the german forum, but I never know WHERE to post stuff there..

These people know nothing of playmobil, judging from past responses. WHY are they handling this? No idea. 

I have no words for this. I honestly never thought such a packaging could ever be real :(

It is a sad state indeed, if the purpose of buying the everwhatsit is opening the box :(  - it IS what it says there, right?  Considering that (hopefully) the klickys will be around in the next 50-100 years.. Gods.

As to unboxing videos.. well, in truth I have no patience for review videos in general. I like an article, with pics and text. I try to do mine as I like to see them (duh, right?), though I would not mind better pics!  :-[   I do like to see reviews of sets in general, especially the ones I am dying to see, or the ones I am on the fence about (my wallet completely disagrees, as usual)

But that video.... after I saw a video of .. SOMEONE at the Messe opening them, I remembered there were some of these, and looked them up. Mind boggled. My sister was equally shocked. I really wann avoid buying these (like the advents)... but I would like the stickers (I am SO stupid with this sort of thing! )

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2020, 08:26:37 »
I'll say, in their defence, that they probably just worded that poorly, meant that the box is part of the experience rather than the 'main focus'.

I know that the regular boxes are often bigger than they could be, but at the same time I can see from a production point of view it's much easier to have 5 standard sizes.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2020, 08:42:14 »
I know that the regular boxes are often bigger than they could be, but at the same time I can see from a production point of view it's much easier to have 5 standard sizes.

That was true in the 80s, maybe... these days there are a gazillion different sizes..

And I still think the whole thing (the packaging) ridiculous - maybe not 15 years ago.. today?  It's beyond ridiculous... :(