Author Topic: 7988 Open Cargo wagon  (Read 2212 times)

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
7988 Open Cargo wagon
« on: February 23, 2009, 18:26:52 »
7988 Open Cargo wagon:
This set was originally released in 1995 with the last bunch of LGB powered trains. Compared to most playmobil trains this series had a very short lifespan only until 1998. I don't know if this wagon was available after that for much longer. But you don't see it pop up on ebay very often. The colour scheme might be a bit to flashy, but all in all I like it a lot.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it  pop up on the UK DS this January. You might think that it is the same wagon as in the 4010 set . But there are quite some differences.
There is not a lot more I can say about this train so I let the pictures speak  :wave:.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 18:37:19 by highlandcattle »

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
Re: 7988 Open Cargo wagon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 19:49:23 »
Then Playmobil trains were not made by LGB. That is why the parts are not interchangeable.
It was due to EEC regulations that Playmobil decided to stop making rail powered trains and go for R.C. trains.

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 04:31:06 »
Nice pics! I like the closeup with the blue victorian truck. These are very useful cars on my layout as well. The forklift that I have can load them up and they work nicely with the 7596 cargo crane too.

It's too bad LGB and Playmobil stopped working together. It was a nice combination of high quality electric trains and toys. The RC trains just aren't as reliable.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 04:45:25 »
Like the rail car, love those trucks! That seems to be a very useful car to have in your train, lots of loading flexability. Thank you for the pics.

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 05:09:09 »
Now maybe they will have these parts in DS . I have had one for a long time but it is missing the doors and it is such a handy rail car . Thanks for the pictures and reminder of this set
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 17:17:34 »
Thanks for the nice replies. After the old houses and trains the Old ford t-truck is my favorite set. I hope that I'll be able to obtain a green one oneday.