Author Topic: Recent medieval customs  (Read 3196 times)

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Recent medieval customs
« on: November 20, 2010, 15:33:32 »
Dear All,

I've been away from Playmofriends for the past several months (due to a combination of commitments and pressures), but I did find a little bit of time recently to do a few more custom medieval knights and other soldiers. These are all making use of parts from the new knights theme that came out in September, as well as the new Conquistador special and the Goetz von Berlichingen figure.

Anyway, the first photo is of the leader and just a couple of crossbowmen based around parts that came with Goetz von Berlichingen. Obviously the basic colour scheme is black and white, but the chest armour and legs from this new figure (30 00 8372 - Knight, armoured breastplate and boots, yellow shirt, red belt) worked fairly well, I think. Now I need more plain white arms to make some more crossbowmen. I see these guys as part of a mercenary band.

The second photo is another band of mercenary crossbowmen, this time using the arms and legs of the Conquistador special. Eventually, I'd like to get more of that special, but that may have to wait a while. One thing that does frustrate me, though, is the lack of a green flag or pennant that I could use as a banner for these guys (like this 30 24 8240 - Pennant, narrow, 1 clip or this 30 03 1280 - Flag, narrow pennant with clips (wavy)). Oh well.

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Re: Recent medieval customs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 15:39:42 »
The other guys I've done are from the new Lion Knights and the dark 'Robber Knights'.

The first couple of photos are of slightly modified Lion Knights on foot, then two of the Lion Knights on horseback. I'm not such a fan of the black sleeves that so many of the new Lion Knight footsoldiers have been given, so I've substituted others.

I quite like the very detailed lion rampant printing from this figure (30 00 8232 - Lion knight, brown hair, draped collar, armoured boots), and seeing the new armoured legs 'in context,' I think they look pretty good.

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 15:44:12 »
And finally two different shots of just two the new robber knights. I agree with many of the comments other have made about the slightly odd mix of dark metallic grey and black parts on some of the klickies, so I tried to make them a bit more logical. Using dark metallic grey arms together with the new arm armour gives a nice impression of dark iron/steel chainmail sleeves with gloves/mittens underneath the plate.

I have got a couple more of the new robber knights, but I haven't got the parts and accessories to complete them to my satisfaction. Eventually...

Anyway, I hope folks like 'em.

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 16:20:13 »

Andrew, your latest knights are magnificent !!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 17:14:00 »
Beautiful custom creations :wow:! Thank you for sharing the pictures & some of the recipe for how you accomplished them :thanks:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 17:48:56 »
Great combinations Andrew!!! Well done!!! I like what you did with the latest knights!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 17:54:16 »
Great customs there, Andrew, and your line of thought is supported by the finished product.

I should have some spare white arms; I'll look for them next week.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 22:07:14 »
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Awesome customs Andrew!!! :wow: :wow: :wow:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 08:01:15 »
Hi All,

Many thanks -- glad you like 'em!

@WoT: clearly you are having difficulties expressing your enthusiasm, are you sure you're OK?  ;)

@playmofire: many thanks for the very kind offer! If you can find any, let me know if there's anything you're after and I can have a look.

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 14:04:33 »
Great Customs AndrewL, and good to see you finding some time to get some tinkering done.