Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199564 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2320 on: May 22, 2020, 15:17:32 »
Good afternoon dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are well.

The last few days of summerlike temperatures in England have inspired a few outdoor pictures to my happy little Victorians :

What a glorious day to do the Washing ! As Ms Gertrude always says the Secret to a perfect Laundry is Lavender infused Water and lots of Sunshine !

You see Children, with a little love and care Mother Nature can be so plentiful and generous !

The Art of Topiary by Monsieur Firmin Jardinier Extraordinaire !

Queen Alexandra and her two Children inaugurating the Royal Horticultural Chelsea Garden Show on 20th May 1912 !

Wishing you all a great week-end !  8-)

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2321 on: May 23, 2020, 09:19:21 »
Good morning dear Playmofriends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

Nearly a month that I hadn't posted in PF so I invite you to catch up with the latest tribulations of my ever happy little Victorians on New Regent St  :lol: :

In 1918, a young Fashion Designer opened her boutique at 31 rue Cambon in Paris. Her unique signature style would forever change the way Women dress to this very day ! Her name was Coco Chanel !

Happy Birthday to our Most Gracious Majesty Queen Elisabeth II !

This is such a lovely day to catch the Afternoon Tram ! Where shall we go next Mommy ?

A Trio of Victorian Beauties presenting the Charles Frederick Worth Spring Summer Collection !

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2322 on: May 23, 2020, 09:37:09 »
British Dressmaker Charles Frederick Worth also known as the Father of Haute Couture presented the first Fashion Show in 1858 !

In 1902 a young Lady wrote her first children book featuring animals called The Tale of Peter Rabbit, her name was Beatrix Potter !

It is Elementary my dear Watson ! The elusive Cat Burglar is just one step ahead of us !

In 1851 in New York City, Jerry Thomas created the first ever cocktail "The Blue Blazer" and "The Bon Vivant Companion" Guide how to Mix Drinks ! Cheers !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2323 on: May 23, 2020, 09:50:49 »
This Letter means so much to me ! Thank you Mr Postman !

Lord Carnarvon, his Egyptian Valet and their legendary Dune Hopper Oldtimer Car !

TV Pioneer Hal Roach created in 1936 the popular TV series The Gang ( USA ) or Little Rascals ( GB ) featuring the adventures of a bunch of mischievous street kids !

Did you say Little Rascals ? Little Victorians were just really resourceful !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2324 on: May 23, 2020, 10:16:30 »
The Ice Cream Van is my favourite place to be in Summertime ! What's you favourite flavour ?

In 1900, the intrepid Anne Rainsford French was the world's first licensed woman driver. She is seen here leaving her family home in Washington DC in 1905 !

En route to Southampton, James ! The Mauretania will steam across the Atlantic at 17.00 ! New York City, here we come !

Thank you to the Bus Drivers who are keeping the UK going !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2325 on: May 23, 2020, 12:19:00 »
Did you know that the London Buses are red because the General Omnibus Company decided in 1907 to stand out from the competition ?

It is Elementary my dear Watson ! We have established by now that the Tramway Thief is a Lady wearing a Feather Hat !

When taking a stroll through the park remember to pay a visit to Mimi's Flower Stand ! Young Peter will also deliver your special bouquet anywhere in London within 30 minutes !

Welcome to the Little World of Playmovictorian !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2326 on: May 23, 2020, 12:28:37 »
Welcome to the Little World of Playmovictorian !

The 4 Seasons of New Regent St !

I wish you all a great week-end !

Karim

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2327 on: May 23, 2020, 12:36:45 »
Good afternoon dear Playmofriends  :wave:

I hope that you are well.

Inspired by "Mr Selfridge" TV series which I am currently watching, I am delighted to announce that I will now proceed with the interior decoration of the buildings of New Regent St amongst those a department store itself inspired by the famous Harrods from London>

These interiors will be created by the famous interior designer Elsie de Wolfe who will share with us her options and choices in the making of this project.

Stay tuned  ;)...

Wishing you a great week-end !

Karim :gent:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2328 on: September 10, 2020, 09:12:53 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

I hope that you are all well.

After a lockdown that became rather difficult to live at the end in my little flat of Marlow on Thames until late May, I welcomed the freedom to travel again early June like a new lease of life  :love:

I left an England still in lockdown aboard the Eurostar, I find a Paris freshly out of lockdown, as busy and vibrant as ever before heading towards my beloved home in South West France as well as my Mum who lives 50 miles away and of course all my Friends whom I had not seen since last Christmas.

Thinking about it, I know realise how much my project of New Regent St, setting up pictures of my happy little Victorians helped me through a 2 months and a half lockdown in Marlow. Their cheerful little faces never fail to bring a smile on mine.

After a self imposed quarantine upon my return from France, I will start working from next week onwards at the hotel again, but I have truly put these nearly 3 months of summer holidays to good use by refreshing both my home and my Mum's from cellar to attic as well as refreshing my own garden which really was in urgent need of TLC. I may not have relaxed as much as I first intended to do, but I have spent my time in France in a useful and constructive way.

After dropping my bags back in an England that I rediscover with a fresh eye and a few days of welcomed rest, here I am back amongst you, just a few minutes away from taking away the dust sheet over the little world of New Regent St.

I see you very soon with fresh pictures from the outside of my Mini Harrods  :)

Take good care of yourselves and those you love most  :love:

Your Friend Karim  :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2329 on: September 10, 2020, 09:30:59 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

The Mini Harrods Project

As soon as I discovered the Sylvanian Families New Town Series range with its distinctive 1900's architectural style, especially the Grand Department Store with its signature dome, I knew that I would try and recreate a mini Harrods inspired by the world famous department store located In Knightsbridge, London.

So my first project will be to create the signage for the main entrance to the store as well as 5 vertical standards style signs no to forget the main sign located above Mrs Applepie's first ever patisserie. A real treat my favourite little character has been waiting for since she was first created in 2010 !

Harrods Logo

Main Sign and Vertical Standards Signs of the Department Store before transformation

Mrs Applepie's Patisserie sign before transformation

Karim