Author Topic: What are they carrying in 4686 Child's First Day at School?  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
What are they carrying in 4686 Child's First Day at School?
« on: February 19, 2011, 00:18:35 »
I am referring to this Special http://www.playmobil.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-GB-Site/en_GB/Product-Show?pid=4686&cgid=Special

This is more a cultural question than a Playmobil one!!  The item in question is referred to as a treats cone in PlaymoDB.  In real life, what exactly is it, what treats does it contain, why would these children be taking it to school, and is it a custom in Germany and/or elsewhere in the world?

Although I would like to know the answer, my son is very curious indeed as to these strange things and would like as much information as you have please. He's a great one for a "back story".

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
Re: What are they carrying in 4686 Child's First Day at School?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 00:34:04 »
I thought it was some sort of piñata.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:12:57 »
It looks like they are bringing the teacher a present.....but I have no idea what those things are  :eh?: Here in America, the cliche thing to bring is an apple, so I have no clue  :lol:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 01:19:51 »
I've been wondering about this too. They look like some kind of wrapped gifts, but I don't know what they are supposed to be. Like Jenna said, here the traditional gift is an apple, though really most kids head off to their first day with the box of kleenex and roll of paper towels they are required to provide!  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:24:16 »
I've been wondering about this too. They look like some kind of wrapped gifts, but I don't know what they are supposed to be. Like Jenna said, here the traditional gift is an apple, though really most kids head off to their first day with the box of kleenex and roll of paper towels they are required to provide!  :lol:

:lol: Don't forget the crayons  :lol:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 01:27:32 »
And safety scissors that won't cut anything!  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 02:32:15 »
so far is not something from usa uk or brazil. It must be something from germany.... as luciano said it looks like a piñata though, I thought so too. good question bad mum!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 02:39:47 »
I think it is called a Schultuete,
This is what I got from Google
http://fanzone50.com/Oberstein/schultueteHistory.html
I'm sure some of our German Playmofriends will answer this better than I can though.  :)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 04:57:17 »
I think it is called a Schultuete,
This is what I got from Google
http://fanzone50.com/Oberstein/schultueteHistory.html
I'm sure some of our German Playmofriends will answer this better than I can though.  :)

Elaine

thanks for the link Elaine! very interesting cultural piece
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 09:48:25 »
Thanks for that, Elaine, two birds killed with one stone as it also told me what a pinata was.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”