Author Topic: Serenity/Firefly Customs  (Read 9141 times)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
Serenity/Firefly Customs
« on: October 29, 2005, 15:28:59 »
This is Zoe, Mal, and Inara from Serenity (the movie), or Firefly (the television series).  I'm not happy with Mal's undershirt, it should be red with suspenders, but I'm working on that.  I'm working on the rest of the crew as well.  Jayne should be ready the soonest.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Serenity/Firefly Customs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 17:11:45 »
Wow! Those are fantastic! Are you sure Mal's shirt is red? The last epidsode I saw it was a rust color so the one you have looks authentic to me. Zoe is perfect and obviously I'm partial to Inara! ;) Love how you've done her hair but maybe the new princess hair will be nice too?

Excellent customs Serenity & a fitting tribute to a fun show! :D
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 17:16:51 »
And may I assume that Zoe is your chosen avatar.

After all I need to get crackin' on my new avatar collection ;)  8}

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 17:30:30 »
And may I assume that Zoe is your chosen avatar.

Looks like it to me too Meg...and the quote under her photo is from Season one, Epidsode one (heck what do I mean, there was only a Season 1  :'( )...well and now the movie.

After all I need to get crackin' on my new avatar collection ;)  8}

You need one for YOU first love!  :lol:

P.S. I forgot to say, excelent graphics Serenity! You or Krystal need to teach me how to do those someday!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 22:29:19 by Inara »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 21:13:51 »
Yes, Zoe is my chosen avatar (for now ;) ) ... I'll get a better pic when I can. 

In the meantime, I think I've figured out how to do your Tarot cards ... I'll get back to you on that when I know for sure  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 16:37:20 »
Inara,
What happened to your crystal ball?
It was there yesterday.

Now, you need a fortune teller stand or tent.  Will she become an attraction in the Midway of your circus?

Meg,
My new avatar, huh

I guess I should start thinking

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 17:36:25 »
I finished the next two in the Serenity crew series ... here's the new group shot

River Tam, Jayne, Zoe, Mal, and Inara.  River will be getting a new dress, but until my DS order comes in, it will have to wait.  I was pretty happy that I found a butcher knife in my parts collection for her, though.

In other customs, I'll try to take a pic of the tarot cards before I ship them off to Inara/Psyche, but I don't know if my camera will do them justice. 

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 17:53:28 »
These are excellent Serenity! You've got quite the touch! (I've not seen the River and the butcher knife episode yet...were just up to episode 5? Where the doc get's nabbed and they think River is a witch. :D)

In other customs, I'll try to take a pic of the tarot cards before I ship them off to Inara/Psyche, but I don't know if my camera will do them justice. 

Inara,
What happened to your crystal ball?
It was there yesterday.

Now, you need a fortune teller stand or tent.  Will she become an attraction in the Midway of your circus?

I liked the crystal ball but it made the avatar a bit harder to see and was a bit cut off. Tarot cards are going to be cool. And yes, I'll have to get a tent figured out.

My new avatar, huh

I guess I should start thinking

Yup! Don't keep us in suspense. (Though you do make a cute rodent! ;) )

Which reminds me, when I was writing up FAQs and describing the ready made option...how you could select male, female or "other"...I though..."My aren't we progressive...we have an "intersexual category!"  :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 20:44:18 by Taralyn »

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 18:30:08 »
This are excellent Serenity! You've got quite the touch! (I've not seen the River and the butcher knife episode yet...were just up to episode 5? Where the doc get's nabbed and they think River is a witch. :D)

Ah! The "big damned heroes" episode ... one of my favorites

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 21:21:30 »
Love the customs, Serenity! And the pic looks great, makes a very eye-catching avatar.  8)

Can't comment a great deal on how they compare to the characters you've based them on, since we don't have the show here yet - not on terrestrial stations, anyway (we don't have Sky, cable or anything like that in our house). Could you post a pic of the real people from the show/movie so we can compare them? ;)

My husband tells me it's another of Joss Whedon's creations. He's a big fan of both the "Buffy" and "Angel" series, so he knows more about these things than me. :)