Author Topic: Custom Rescue HR127 comparison to standard Engine E111.  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
This is a picture comparison of a customized 3880 based rescue truck, & 3178 equipment trailer known as Heavy Rescue 127, HR127, & a standard 3880 based fire engine known as E111. The custom rescue truck, & trailer are outfitted with white parts from the blue, & white rescue tender, & trailer in the THW mega set 4082. The white; front cab grille, siren light bar cover, roof rails, & rear door access ladder separate the custom rescue trucks from the standard 3880, & 5716 series fire engines. The white light pole base, hose reel brackets from the THW trailer separate the HR127 rescue trailer from the standard 3178 fire equipment trailer. I hope you enjoy the picture comparisons!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:26:45 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Custom Rescue HR127 comparison to standard Engine E111.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 06:53:35 »
The new livery on the rescue trucks is very smart, Bill, and, as you know, I'm going to pinch your idea of using the THW grille (and maybe the light cover) for all my 3880s.  It's a nice bit of thinking across models which never occurred to me.

The look reminds me of Cleveland Fire and Rescue's livery just up the road from us where for a long time the front of the appliance has bee white and which I've always thought very smart.  Here's a link to a photo of one of their newest engines  which looks very much like what you have achieved.

http://www.freefoto.com/preview/?ffid=28-02-33
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Custom Rescue HR127 comparison to standard Engine E111.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 16:46:44 »
Very smart and very smooth Bill! You certainly know your way around your gear, if you had not pointed out the differences I would think it just rolled out of the box. :wow:

Gepetto