Author Topic: Special Events Medic Unit  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: Special Events Medic Unit
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 14:53:41 »
again, another great piece equipment.  and again, "everything i know about rescue, i learn from playmofriends", so i must ask, is this an actual piece of equipment in the real world?
kaethe

I will answer from my part of the USA, kaethe! In the EMS agency I ran with some years ago, they had 2 John Deere Gator 4WD's that were set up with stretchers, & equipment strongly resembling the custom Ben has presented! They were used in events like Ben mentioned, being used at county fair ground events, music concerts, tractor pulls, demolition derby car challenges, cancer runs, etc., & anywhere there were crowds that access was limited! They were outfitted to be highly versatile in their duties. Ben's design is something I could see a picture shown without a description, like a guesss what this is, & from past experience know exactly what it would be used for!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 04:19:20 »
I will answer from my part of the USA, kaethe! In the EMS agency I ran with some years ago, they had 2 John Deere Gator 4WD's that were set up with stretchers, & equipment strongly resembling the custom Ben has presented! They were used in events like Ben mentioned, being used at county fair ground events, music concerts, tractor pulls, demolition derby car challenges, cancer runs, etc., & anywhere there were crowds that access was limited! They were outfitted to be highly versatile in their duties. Ben's design is something I could see a picture shown without a description, like a guesss what this is, & from past experience know exactly what it would be used for!

thank you bill
k

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 22:01:07 »
Hey Kaethe,

Thanks for the comments.  ;D

As Bill said, it's used for in situations where the larger ambulance can't really go. Where I work, we also have a John Deere Gator that has been converted into a brush truck.

- Ben

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 17:16:06 »
Great piece of work Firechief! Like Kaethe said, it makes such sense that you wonder if they really do exist and thank you and Bill for the information on these rigs.

Will you leave this rig the way it is or take it down to reuse the parts (always curious)?

Gepetto

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 00:11:06 »
Hey Geppetto,

Thanks for the great compliment. I plan on leaving it together, for now.

Maybe if any other playmofriends need EMS at major events it could be of service.

- Ben

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 06:11:06 »
thank you both for the explanations.

and again, "everything i know about rescue, i learn from playmofriends",
kaethe
well almost.  i live in sf by the marina just east of the golden gate bridge, our closest firestation is about 5 blocks inland.  as i was walking my dog along the water i watched as a fire rig came roaring up alongside me, with full sirens etc, out jumped the crew, some in water gear, down the docks, uncovered the rescue craft, off they sped until they went past a buoy, then, click, the drill was over.  it was great to watch, and great to know about it.  thanks guys, whoever you are.
kaethe

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 05:53:17 »
great vehicle, I can see where that would be very useful at big events.

here is a smaller type from a dept. around here

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 16:24:52 »
Hello Ben,

Thank you for sharing your new vehicle with us, I was blown away when I first saw it. It really is quite an effective little custom that looks amazing. I think this is another must for my collection at some point Ben :yup: :wow:

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmobilfire136

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 03:19:41 »
Wow, that's awesome, looks exactly like the real life ones! I also made an EMS vehicle similar to this out of the golf cart.
let the war on legos begin!