Author Topic: ATTACHMENT TEST for large pictures. Updated explanation.  (Read 9143 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: ATTACHMENT TEST
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 20:46:42 »
Great photo, Bill.  And thanks, Rasputin, for the detailed instructions which will be useful to other members.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 22:57:46 »

A very good friend from the Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade visiting, & photographing the new Playmobil City Fire Department fire battling ship. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this attaching pictures to a thread thing  ;), thanks to Rasputin!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 00:11:44 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 00:16:19 »
Those photos really are nice Bill! Thanks also to Rasputin, I am taking notes on your instructions and will give them a try here soon!

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 01:42:19 »
Those photos really are nice Bill! Thanks also to Rasputin, I am taking notes on your instructions and will give them a try here soon!
Gepetto

I am really impressed with the clarity! I got really frustrated, but it was worth it! If you need any assistance like I did, just let me know!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 02:01:52 »
I used to take the pictures and have them low resolution thumbnails and did not have to worry about having nice pics. Now i have to be careful how i take the pictures, what's in the back ground, if everything is clean and dust free, etc ...... It makes you take better pictures and try harder with the set ups which is nice for every one enjoying the scene .

You can see in Bills last picture of Gordon how even a fingerprint would show up on the face protector ( but i see Gordon keeps himself tidy ) .

Martin had a very good point also about when you are reading a picture story it flows smother if you are not having to open pictures ( i myself am easily distracted , especially by shinny objects )
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 19:44:55 »

Test pictures of PCFD District 1 structure firefighters working on extinguishing a large building fire. Checking for clarity, & detail for my future photo story.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 20:35:41 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 23:05:41 »
looks great except for it is a little hazy . maybe those firemen could bring in a fan or ask the smoker to stop puffin near the pictures to clean it up a bit  :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 00:24:20 »
looks great except for it is a little hazy . maybe those firemen could bring in a fan or ask the smoker to stop puffin near the pictures to clean it up a bit  :P

Very funny  ;)! I must be doing things correctly, because if the pictures are hazy that's the background I'm looking for  :woohoo:! I'm trying to make the atmosphere smokey like a real fire scene.
Although the smoke detectors are working fine in our house.........:hmm:!
                                                                                      WIFE

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 13:26:41 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 03:08:46 »
Very nice Bill! I like the atmosphere that the smoke imparts and I like the look of the building too.

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 18:02:38 »
This is the break down of how to do the large photos in picture stories;
Go to an outside hosting source like imageshack.com
On this site it is free to become a member, & use the "basic" services.
After you have activated the membership on your chosen hosting site, go to the Playmofriends story telling forum, & click on start a new topic.
Go to where you will type the story after putting in the storys' title. You can type the story now, or later after posting your photos. Put the cursor in the position on the thread posting area where you want the photo to stay.
You then down size the Playmofriends screen, & go back onto the internet to the imageshack screen where it says image, & click on browse. NOTE, I put my pictures in folders in the "my document" program under a title that I can access after unloading my camera, & sort the desired pictures in their proper order to be put in the photo story before going on line.
You then access the desired folder containing the picture story photos, then you click on the photo you want to post in to the desired sequence. The file will appear in the "browse" section of the imageshack screen.
Next I go down to the resize area of the imageshack screen, I put a check mark in the resize box after I have chosen to resize the photo to (800 X 600 15" monitor). I then click on host it. It may take several moments for this procedure to take place. When the new screen comes up, it should have your desired photo, shown in a smaller frame at which time you click on your photo.
The screen will go to a larger picture of your desired photo with forum listings shown. You click on the "forum" button, & it should highlight to blue.
Next you go to the upper left corner of your computer monitor, & click on the "edit" program button.
Then you select "copy". You go to the bottom of your screen, & bring up the Playmofriends forum that you left downsized, & make sure that your cursor is where you left it. At this time you will select the edit program again, & click on "paste".
You will then see your photo file number appear in the thread area. Move your cursor to the next position you want the next picture to appear, & downsize the Playmofriends screen, & repeat all of the the processes until you are done. You can select "preview", & see how your pictures are looking in between uploads.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 17:00:54 by Bill Blackhurst »