Author Topic: 70638 + 70639 Figures 23  (Read 2124 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
70638 + 70639 Figures 23
« on: April 15, 2023, 15:12:02 »
70638 + 70639 Figures 23

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 23 (direct link)

As usual, somewhat late...  :-[

Let me know what I missed ;)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: 70638 + 70639 Figures 23
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 18:47:43 »
As always amazing detailed reviews, thank you so much.

I find it pretty crazy how the skeleton cowboy has something so hidden!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 21:25:17 »
Great review! There always seems to be one or two interesting details that don't show up in the promo artwork.
I still haven't managed to get this series yet. The local store I have been ordering the figures sets through since they were first created has stopped carrying Playmobil and I am having to source elsewhere. I have to admit I haven't been trying super hard as it's not the most creative series they've done. A few figures I would like to have but nothing that is a must have for me this time out.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 08:21:55 »
A great read! Thank you for doing this.

As usual, somewhat late...  :-[

I think you are catching up! They were only released ... late January, I believe? Quick turnover! :)9

Despite your disclaimer, I think you are getting mellow. In my eyes, this was a very poor series, and I am not alone: Your images are the first of some figures that I have seen – in other forums, people just don't show them, unappealing as most of them are. Yet, you bring out the highlights, diligently showing the strengths of each and every one of them. A labour of love, if you ask me.

All I got was Viking and Garden Gnome, both for parts. And I did get a Warrior, but really do not like him much. That's it. The feeling is strange. :-[

The biggest shock I'm taking away from your survey is that apparently the leaflets are individual to the figure? :o Is that correct? That makes the challenge for reselling complete used figures (that is: including leaflet) so much harder! Luckily I hardly bought any, so nothing to sell off in the future.

Not as crazy as the Orc of Series 19, who, because of his helmet, was only revealed to be a Orc after opening a bag!! Great surprise, but what a bad sales pitch.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 09:25:01 »
I still haven't managed to get this series yet. The local store I have been ordering the figures sets through since they were first created has stopped carrying Playmobil and I am having to source elsewhere. I have to admit I haven't been trying super hard as it's not the most creative series they've done. A few figures I would like to have but nothing that is a must have for me this time out.

Tim: are you still going to keep Fi?ures at Animobil up to date?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 16:11:21 »
Thank you :)

Not that unusual though..

There always seems to be one or two interesting details that don't show up in the promo artwork.

Yes... it's almost like they don't want money!  ::)

I still haven't managed to get this series yet. The local store I have been ordering the figures sets through since they were first created has stopped carrying Playmobil and I am having to source elsewhere.

:(  A shame - but apparently playmobil is Tartarus to work with (for shop owners, I mean) - not really surprising.

I think you are catching up! They were only released ... late January, I believe? Quick turnover! :)9

:-[

Despite your disclaimer, I think you are getting mellow. In my eyes, this was a very poor series, and I am not alone: Your images are the first of some figures that I have seen – in other forums, people just don't show them, unappealing as most of them are. Yet, you bring out the highlights, diligently showing the strengths of each and every one of them. A labour of love, if you ask me.

Always was/is a labour of love - do you see me complaining, getting sad and/or furious over other stuff? Who cares if lego has sets that make girls look like mindless idiotic brainless jerks? It affects me for like one second. playmobil... I CARE - and it's such a shame that they do not.

The biggest shock I'm taking away from your survey is that apparently the leaflets are individual to the figure? :o Is that correct? That makes the challenge for reselling complete used figures (that is: including leaflet) so much harder! Luckily I hardly bought any, so nothing to sell off in the future.

Sort of - same as last time - the leaflets are supposed to match the figure, code wise. I just stopped caring. I don't have the time or patience for it. Besides, afaik, nobody else (or just about) really cares about the app.

AND I did get mistakes, as noted  >:(

Not as crazy as the Orc of Series 19, who, because of his helmet, was only revealed to be a Orc after opening a bag!! Great surprise, but what a bad sales pitch.

Yeah, that was really lame of them, hide the best part of the series under that helmet.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 17:47:49 »
I am hoping to continue the updates at my site. The problem I have with this series is not knowing the shop wouldn't be able to fulfill my order until too late. The series is out of stock for orders so I am trying to get it from other sources. Nobody in the US is selling the sets on eBay right now either. In general US stock levels are low and many things in the DS catalog haven't even shown up yet. My shop stopped carrying Playmo because they raised the minimum order too high. In the future I should be able to preorder a case ahead of time and ghinfs should go smoother.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2023, 20:22:36 »

Ahh very true.
I hust have a soft spot for skeletons however so anything ‘undersold’ like this annoys me that Playmobil don’t show it in their packaging.
I’m very much looking forward to the pirate set that includes a pirate skeleton. The Sal'ahari Sands don’t do it for me, the dressed ones I like more.

This fella may be an out of pirate theme purchase now along with the skeleton warrior
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 20:28:27 by CrimsonCleaver »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 07:51:36 »
I am hoping to continue the updates at my site.

I still didn't figure out a way to display the series in my site... On the main page, I mean...

I hust have a soft spot for skeletons however so anything ‘undersold’ like this annoys me that Playmobil don’t show it in their packaging.
I’m very much looking forward to the pirate set that includes a pirate skeleton. The Sal'ahari Sands don’t do it for me, the dressed ones I like more.

Well.. skeletons are not creatures here. Might change. I don't know...

This fella may be an out of pirate theme purchase now along with the skeleton warrior

And so it begins.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2023, 14:53:45 »
Excellent review, as always, tahra!

That was lucky to get an extra white chainmail coif! :D

The one Egyptian figure that I opened had the same incorrect arm. :(
~Pynedor~