Author Topic: Church and Cemetery  (Read 1148 times)

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
Church and Cemetery
« on: March 20, 2023, 07:11:54 »
Hello,

I've posted pictures of my Playmobil church and clergy previously but I just wanted to show my latest addition to this theme.

Who doesn't like Scooby-Doo? :) Whether TV cartoons, films or Playmobil :) But I can't start collecting anymore Playmobil themes as I have no more spare space left in my apartment :(

But, when I saw pictures of Playmobil's 70362 Scooby-Doo Cemetery Adventure I wondered if the graveyard would look right alongside my church.

I was lucky to pick up a 70362 set on discount recently from TKMaxx (a UK discount store) and had the opportunity to find out.

Building the cemetery is fairly quick, I didn't apply any stickers and replaced the supplied dead tree and with a couple of trees with leaves from my spares box. Photos attached of the resulting graveyard and it placed beside my church.

The set comes with two gravestones, I purchased two extra from eBay, so four gravestones are shown in the second picture. And you can also see my new choirboy in the second picture :)

I hope that you like the result.

Best wishes,
Neil

Online Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Church and Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 09:14:10 »
I don't know if I'd want to be buried in that cemetery if they charge by the hour.

Great little scene.
Can the mausoleum be made whole with enough parts?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 09:16:29 »
Yes,  I thought the parking meter was a bit unwelcoming - just drop the coffin off as you drive by!

The figure on the pediment of the mausoleum is a bit worrying too - looks more devil than angel.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 20:28:03 »
My apologies, yes, the parking meter was poorly placed by me. I have three and positioned one at each end of the village street with the third on the opposite side of the village street. But if you Google 'Hearse' and 'Parking Ticket', you will be surprised at how many example there are . . . !

No, the mausoleum can't be made whole, the two side pieces, front and roof only fit as they fit.

The gargoyle is great isn't he? Much better than an Angel :)

Online Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 10:01:18 »
Oh yes, I know what the meter is for. It's just that in one of the pictures you can't really see the road and it looks more like a headstone.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 20:29:47 »
Great little dio, agree :)

I don't know if I'd want to be buried in that cemetery if they charge by the hour.

:lmao:

No, the mausoleum can't be made whole, the two side pieces, front and roof only fit as they fit.

System WHY + incompetence + WEDONTWANTYOURMONEY  ::)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 08:40:28 »
I really like the changes you made.
I’ve also ordered some tomb stones before to use in my Halloween mini dios

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 03:43:38 »
I assumed the meter was a stone one that was serving as a headstone for Rita's final resting place.  :glasses: :ale:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 19:18:44 »
These are such lovely sets, looks great together  :)  Thanks for sharing!