Author Topic: Spanish pikeman wearing a ruff  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Spanish pikeman wearing a ruff
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2023, 04:59:10 »
 :lol: :wow:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2023, 21:52:13 »
Hi hauden_lukas,

Your Playmobil Thirty Years' War theme advertising image and the Morion-helmet-wearing Klicky figure are the most fabulous design - thank you for creating and sharing those. I've loaded the jpeg onto my mobile phone so I can gaze upon it all day long :)

Is the Klicky torso a custom design or from a Playmobil Klicky? And if so, which Playmobil set is the Klicky from?

Kind regards from (the former EU state) the United Kingdom :'(
Neil

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2023, 05:11:03 »
Hi Neil,

Thanks, it’s a simple custom. The torso is from the “How to train your dragon” series. I only erased one or two of the belt prints (depending on the custom).
The nice laces are actually covered by a neckpiece.
I think this torso is widely usable, especially because its color fitting many characters.

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2023, 21:09:40 »
Thank you very much hauden_lukas for that information, I agree this torso, the colour, the laces and the option of having a belt as well (as demonstrated with your three very nice custom figures) is an excellent torso.

I particularly like the white collar detailing on two of those three custom figures. And the formation of soldiers with muskets, with their different faces, hair and beards is something that I need to work on with my own soldiers.

May I ask, how do you erase the print from Klicky torsos? And how do you erase one of the two belts without damaging the print of the second belt? They're quite close together.

Thanks and Best wishes,
Neil

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2023, 23:29:00 »
Hi Neil,

I am using an abresive cloth called micromesh. The grid I use is 4000. I started with 6000 but noticed 4000 grid is fast and doesn’t leave scratch marks. Final polishing is done using my jeans (optional).
Grid 1500 I use to quickly remove print from an entire body, followed by a quick jeans polishing step (or any coarse fabric, even your carpet works).

Some people, including me in my earlier days, are using erasers with a blue side. It works but you can’t be as specific as the micromesh.

Protecting a portion of the print (e.g., one belt) is simply done by covering with clear tape.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 07:34:37 »
That's a great idea for a new PM theme 'Erase' as a sort of antithesis to 'Color.'

It's great to see the torsos (legs, apron) before and after Erasure!

Do you happen to know if the brand of jeans used in the final polish makes a difference (not a serious question!)?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline NeilMartin

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 18:57:04 »
Hello hauden_lukas,

Thank you very much for explaining the process, I will source the abrasive cloth and let you know how I get on.

The before and after photos are really helpful to illustrate the results of doing this, thank you for sharing and for all your help.

Best wishes,
Neil

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 23:12:40 »
Europe in Agony :lol:

Beautiful, Stefan, intelligent and creative. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Would you know under what name micromesh might be sold in German shops? I might give it a try.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2023, 01:27:40 »
Europe in Agony :lol:

Beautiful, Stefan, intelligent and creative. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Would you know under what name micromesh might be sold in German shops? I might give it a try.

Best wishes
StJohn

I think it’s called Micro-Mesh  :lol:

https://www.shop-schilbach.net/p/micro-mesh-schleifleinen-150-x-80-3200-3600-4000-6000-8000-12000

PM me your address and I’ll send you a sample. Same goes for you, Neil!
 :wave:

Cheers,
HDL