Author Topic: UK parts now available to order via website  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: UK parts now available to order via website
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2023, 11:57:47 »
Are none of the parts from Playmobil Plus available to order?

I'd wanted to order some spare parts for the Victorian Mansion, but it says they're not available - and then I tried some steck parts from the Western Store and the Bakery and got the same message. This wasn't the case in the past, so it's a shame if they're not allowing it.

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2023, 13:11:49 »
I’d try and reach out to the email address and see if they can help.
I’m waiting on a response from them when they suggested the site and I pointed out items I literally just ordered 2 days prior day according to the website are  out of stock -  when clearly they’re not.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2023, 17:39:22 »
When I get time I was going to start a thread on all the Fi?ures heads I managed to get from them.

I'd be very interested in seeing the different heads you were able to successfully order! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 11:05:47 »

I suspect some items don’t appear in stock (both DE and now UK), but the DS agents seem  able to source them.

I just made a parts order from the UK site, my first in quite a while. In the past I have sent them a spreadsheet and they have sent me back a link to pay, sometimes with a list of items not available. That worked fine, despite the odd mistake in part numbers (more often at their end than at mine tbh).

Yesterday evening (Sunday) I emailed a list of 28 items which I estimated would cost over £40 and therefore be free postage. At 8:55 this morning I had a message saying parts could now be ordered via the website (i.e this is now the only way.). I ordered some of the parts via the website and paid with PayPal, including £3.50 postage costs. I sent a message to customer services asking what could be done about the items I could not order on the website. I received a message back "We can sometimes order parts that are not available for you to order on line. I have booked these on for you and will email a link to pay."

Of course, there was another £3.50 postage to pay. But the response was very prompt, presumably because PM staff are no longer spending all their time entering part numbers!

In the past, I have found the UK DS spare parts service really excellent, but I am not keen on this new system:

Pros:
fewer errors in orders placed,
quicker response for items ordered online (but still probably a long wait before items are delivered),
less tedious work for PM staff,
you can combine orders for parts and sets (I think you can do this)

Cons:
postage costs may be higher (double in this case), may be harder to avoid postage costs,
online Shopping Cart may auto-empty if you delay completing the order,
tedious entry of part numbers unless you have an app. or code to do this for you,
fiddly to enter quantities larger than 1 of an item,
still need to rely on PM staff to order some items, though that's not a big problem really
still need to keep lists of required parts before making an order
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 21:35:01 »

I just made a parts order from the UK site, my first in quite a while. In the past I have sent them a spreadsheet and they have sent me back a link to pay, sometimes with a list of items not available. That worked fine, despite the odd mistake in part numbers (more often at their end than at mine tbh).

Yesterday evening (Sunday) I emailed a list of 28 items which I estimated would cost over £40 and therefore be free postage. At 8:55 this morning I had a message saying parts could now be ordered via the website (i.e this is now the only way.). I ordered some of the parts via the website and paid with PayPal, including £3.50 postage costs. I sent a message to customer services asking what could be done about the items I could not order on the website. I received a message back "We can sometimes order parts that are not available for you to order on line. I have booked these on for you and will email a link to pay."

Of course, there was another £3.50 postage to pay. But the response was very prompt, presumably because PM staff are no longer spending all their time entering part numbers!

In the past, I have found the UK DS spare parts service really excellent, but I am not keen on this new system:

Pros:
fewer errors in orders placed,
quicker response for items ordered online (but still probably a long wait before items are delivered),
less tedious work for PM staff,
you can combine orders for parts and sets (I think you can do this)

Cons:
postage costs may be higher (double in this case), may be harder to avoid postage costs,
online Shopping Cart may auto-empty if you delay completing the order,
tedious entry of part numbers unless you have an app. or code to do this for you,
fiddly to enter quantities larger than 1 of an item,
still need to rely on PM staff to order some items, though that's not a big problem really
still need to keep lists of required parts before making an order

Thanks for this Graham, was curious how this would pan out as I pointed out to the DS team I literally ordered a lot of stuff before they pointed me to the site.

Also I’ve noticed some sets have the show spare parts feature.

I’m at point of doing another order myself. And also found having a spreadsheet that auto links to site is useful (Set it up to link to UK site and Playmodb and Mundobil - helpful for finding alternate parts)
I’m a Mac /iPad user so will look at sharing it at some point along with some Shortcuts. I had my cart auto empty which made me refer to using a sheet.

One thing I’ve noticed, was going to order my son some non-spare part items and realised it will combine spare part and normal item cost for shipping, so if you go over £40 shipping is free even if it’s a mix of spare and normal items.

Just wish the site would list more in stock. I won’t miss endless rounds of PDF checking though!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023, 09:05:15 »
I’m a Mac /iPad user so will look at sharing it at some point along with some Shortcuts.

I would be interested in those shortcuts, but I don't use Mac or iPad devices. :(

Good to know you can combine parts and sets in one order to save on shipping costs.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2023, 19:45:28 »
Just put the order in. They even state when you mix items that they’ll do two deliveries, eg the normal items sooner than the spare part ones, but without double charging. So looks to be a good way to make up the £40 if you have things want to buy for family etc.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2023, 19:16:50 »
The UK arm ahs always let you mix in regular items with spare parts to bring it over the postage threshold (postage was one of the reasons I was reluctant to go down the email order route TBH)