The Movie: Series 2 (70139)

(1/3) > >>

tahra:
Yes, I know... LATE.

direct playkingdoms link

Hope I didn't miss anything..

StJohn:
Many thanks for your review!

It is a great series of figures. Generally, Playmobil THE MOVIE is a marvellous product line. I miss the days of Super 4 and the Movie - all excellent sets.

THAT hair is a very versatile support for all kinds of helmets and other headwear. It might be ugly, but it is useful because it is small and does not get in the way. It has it uses.

Black Knight comes with a Zorro head because the black mask masks the skin colour that would otherwise be visible through the openings in the helmet. I don't like the Zorro head, but is has its uses.

Legionary is on his way to become one of the most desirable (and expensive!) figures around. I have a dozen or so, and know that I wouldn't be able to afford to collect that same number again. I hope some more may find their way to you.

GrahamB:
Thanks for another great review, tahra! This series completely passed me by, so it was interesting to see what I missed. As you said, the heads are among the best parts, along with torso printing. The comparison of the klickies with their digital counterparts showed several times how the Movie departed from what is possible with real life Playmobil.

tahra:

--- Quote from: StJohn on December 22, 2022, 01:46:11 ---It is a great series of figures. Generally, Playmobil THE MOVIE is a marvellous product line. I miss the days of Super 4 and the Movie - all excellent sets.

--- End quote ---

Found them a bit messy at times, but loads of interesting and useful parts....

--- Quote from: StJohn on December 22, 2022, 01:46:11 ---THAT hair is a very versatile support for all kinds of helmets and other headwear. It might be ugly, but it is useful because it is small and does not get in the way. It has it uses.

--- End quote ---

Well, apart from that tall hat from the gards.. is there ANY other that requires that hair? For variety it works (with a
beard!) ... but in numbers.. NO :P

While on the subject: Is there ANY other hair that works with that hat? With the strap, I mean? Cause if there is... I NEED IT.

--- Quote from: StJohn on December 22, 2022, 01:46:11 ---Black Knight comes with a Zorro head because the black mask masks the skin colour that would otherwise be visible through the openings in the helmet. I don't like the Zorro head, but is has its uses.

--- End quote ---

Point. Though since we never see the guy without the hair..

--- Quote from: StJohn on December 22, 2022, 01:46:11 ---Legionary is on his way to become one of the most desirable (and expensive!) figures around. I have a dozen or so, and know that I wouldn't be able to afford to collect that same number again. I hope some more may find their way to you.

--- End quote ---

We'll see.... :)  My wallet claims I "DO NOT NEED MORE LEGIONS!!!"  ::)

--- Quote from: GrahamB on December 22, 2022, 09:40:41 ---As you said, the heads are among the best parts, along with torso printing. The comparison of the klickies with their digital counterparts showed several times how the Movie departed from what is possible with real life Playmobil.

--- End quote ---

Yes, some were kinda strange choices - especially for the Charlie's viking, since he was supposed to have him in klicky form. That was a mess up, imo. Unlikely the kid would have such a custom, and if he had, HE WOULD NOT USE IT AS A FREAKING KEYCHAIN!! (rant mode off ;) )

Tiermann:
Great review as always. Sadly the movie sets didnt sell well in the US so this series never made it here. I sourced a set from Europe. The unique figures will stay in demand for some time I suspect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version