Author Topic: 70734 + 70735 Figures 22  (Read 3083 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
70734 + 70735 Figures 22
« on: August 31, 2022, 18:07:13 »
70734 + 70735 Figures 22

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 22 (direct link)

Let me know what I missed ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 70734 + 70735 Figures 22
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 19:11:02 »
Very interesting review as always. I just finished taking pictures of the series but haven't edited yet. Wil get Animobil figures pages updated next week hopefully.

My Maori warrior had the green headband split when I tried to put it on the hair. Tried gluing it together but it just pops open again. Sadly it does seem to be a unique color. I like your variations on him Tahra.

The husky puppy is the German shepherd puppy in white. The black is clearly being done as a spray rather than stamping, which is why there seems to be so much variation on it.

Your customs are excellent as always.

I took the merman warrior top half and put it on the Playmofriends Naga snake leg piece. The skin tones match as a pair and it looked great. Did change the hair and beard to black. Photo of it on my Instagram account timspfd

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 20:08:14 »
Thank you :)

Wil get Animobil figures pages updated next week hopefully.

I need a solution to display all the figures, like you have  :-[  My list is really bad if you don't know WHICH series you want....  Yours is great for that!

My Maori warrior had the green headband split when I tried to put it on the hair. Tried gluing it together but it just pops open again. Sadly it does seem to be a unique color. I like your variations on him Tahra.

:(  I broke the merman's thin crown (the one from the girls) when I put it on his head... but fortunately, it kinda stays on.

The husky puppy is the German shepherd puppy in white. The black is clearly being done as a spray rather than stamping, which is why there seems to be so much variation on it.

Yes, fortunately a young playmofriend identified him  :-[ - I was sure it was new.  ::)  Glasses.

Kinda odd that they are all so different.

I took the merman warrior top half and put it on the Playmofriends Naga snake leg piece. The skin tones match as a pair and it looked great. Did change the hair and beard to black. Photo of it on my Instagram account timspfd

Sounds great too! We need more of those legs (snake + faun)... Only have a couple so far. CLEARLY not enough  (regardless of what my stupid wallet thinks.)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 22:47:39 »
The robber's torso is perfect for a John Constantine figure.

Glad you found some other hair to put the antlers on. They should fit on hair like this too:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 00:19:21 »
Great review, as always!

It looks like the red shoulder cape is soft. If so, is it like the newer coats and hair pieces, or is it like the older capes and cloaks?

I really like the changes you made to the pirate! The custom warriors and other fantasy figures are excellent too.

Also, I have seen black plumes (or crests) for Roman helms for sale, but I'm not sure which set (if any) they come from. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 00:32:06 »
Thanks for your review, always so interesting to see what you make!   I love the violinist guy, bee lady & red riding hood (not her skirt, but..)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 08:09:28 »
Thank you :)

The robber's torso is perfect for a John Constantine figure.

Don't know the character...  :-[

Glad you found some other hair to put the antlers on. They should fit on hair like this too:

Yes, but it's a bit.. meh. All of those hairs are rare here (and except the long one, kinda meh) - I poked holes in a couple. Worked. Kinda.

It looks like the red shoulder cape is soft. If so, is it like the newer coats and hair pieces, or is it like the older capes and cloaks?

Like the long coats, that rubbery thing...

I really like the changes you made to the pirate! The custom warriors and other fantasy figures are excellent too.

Thank you - had a really hard time figuring out some of them... even if there were some decisions just from the pics..

Also, I have seen black plumes (or crests) for Roman helms for sale, but I'm not sure which set (if any) they come from. ;)

Ditto. They are from the upcoming play and give, Alexander..  :love:

I love the violinist guy, bee lady & red riding hood (not her skirt, but..)

Don0t much like that mold... Actually, I find all the clip on clothes for speedos.. lacking.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2022, 09:19:04 »
I really like how you mad a gentleman from the judge.
And those braces really look better on the maori warrior
The Violinist Cowboy and the knight are beautiful.
I wonder how the sailor girl would look with trousers. The torso is well made and I like the arms

I think my favorite from this season is the judge (including your gentlemen version). I’m hoping for a female judge (inspired by Ruth Bader Ginsburg???)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2022, 09:22:55 »
I really like how you mad a gentleman from the judge.

Thank you - it was begging for it, I think :)

And those braces really look better on the maori warrior

Yes, it could be me, but I didn't like the gold there.

I wonder how the sailor girl would look with trousers. The torso is well made and I like the arms

It's a speedo... so.. first, good luck finding them.. and second, speedo pants don't look THAT great... :(  Would be a LOT better if she was a normal klicky. As most.

I think my favorite from this season is the judge (including your gentlemen version). I’m hoping for a female judge (inspired by Ruth Bader Ginsburg???)

Judging Amy for me... ;)   Didn't try it yet...

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2022, 09:26:26 »
Never watched the show  :-[